[ONE] Chase the Morning

Hi guys! This is my first fanfic, so thanks for reading it, feel free to leave any helpful comments :)

It's basically about this really famous actress (Me) who falls in love with this not-so-famous guy (Alex Wolff) . I'm not really an actress, if you notice any errors about that, I'm sorry. Okay, well.. enjoy :)

---------------------------------

The second I woke up, I reached for my iPhone. "Saturday, May 26th" read the date. Another call back today. After what felt like 1,000's of them, it wasn't a big deal anymore. If I didn't get the part, then it wasn't a big deal, because I could easily earn a role in another movie. 

But this one? No, there was something unique about this plot. If I earn the role of Bethany, then I get to do all of these amazing things as the role. I mean, what actress wouldn't want to be in a movie where you have color-changing eyes? 

My feet slammed to the floor and brought me to my mirror. The red hair that I had just re-dyed last night   was already a jungle of knots. I reached to my comb and ran it through with one hand while the other searched for my eyeliner. Even if it was "just another callback" , I still needed to look good. In fact, I always need to look good.

I guess that's what you get when you're as famous as me. 

I smudged the eyeliner on my waterline, even though dozens of make-up artists have warned me not to, claiming that it can cause brain damage and make you go blind. I doubt it. Next came the pearly white eyeshadow, and last but not least, my mascara. My left hand pushed my side bangs back, something I always did. 

The closet door flew open, and after spending 10 minutes racking through all these designer clothes, I finally chose my usual black tank top, along with a flowery, colorful infinity scarf. My tight, ripped Abercrombie jeans slid over my thin legs, and my good ole classic black Toms, even though they had a few holes in them. I scrambled out of my room and down the hall to the kitchen. There was no time for a normal, healthy breakfast. So instead, I just popped mint gum in my mouth. I then hurried to the bathroom and splashed water on my cheeks. Hopefully, I'd wake up quick. Before I ran out the door, I couldn't forget to spray my favorite Juicy perfume & grab my Juicy purse. Soon enough, I was flying out the door and down the hall. The stairs were the best choice. Elevators are too mainstream. My mom ran to catch up with me.. I seriously hate how she has to come with me to all of these things. In a matter of seconds, I was out on 5th avenue, rushing to the subway. I just made it. I got on and sat in the first seat I saw. Now was the time to tweet.

"On my way to a callback for this amazing script.. wish me luck! Love you Turkeys x" 

As soon as I looked up, I saw a smiling young girl, around 10, right in front of me.

[Tip #1- If a random person comes up to you looking happy to see you, be friendly and look happy too, even if you're annoyed by them.]

I spoke with the fan and took a picture with her. Once I reached my stop, I smiled and waved goodbye. Then I was rushing once again. I walked up to 34th street. From there, I ran to Times Square Studios. I made it in the building with a couple minutes to spare.  My mom checked me in, and I was dismissed to the 3rd floor. 

But something strange happened in the elevator. For the first time since I was an ametur, I was actually nervous. What was it? The door opened, and I turned down the hall to go find the callback room. My heart pounded as I opened the door. I quickly sat down.

[Tip #2- Don't be noticed in the callback room.

Around me, I heard pushy parents, trying to give their kids a pep talk to make sure they do their best. My mom wasn't like that, and I definatly appreciated it. The last thing I needed was more pressure in my life.

I scanned the room. I saw pretty young girls, some faces I had recognized from previous auditons. It seemed to be that the guys were all on the other side of the room. But before I could check them out, my not-so-famous best friend Chloe appeared beside me.

"You're here for the role of Bethany?!" I whispered to her.

"Me? Be the main character in a movie? Puh-lease," sh replied. "I'm here for a small role. It's only a couple lines. I don't even remember what the character's name is."  

As she spoke, my eyes went through the girl's side again. This movie would have 2 callbacks, today was the first one. Tomorrow , certain people will come, and then they decide. It's not normally like this, though. They just wanted to see a handful of people again.  No surprise that I was one of them.

It was 8:00 AM on a saturday in May. The day was young. It could be whatever destiny decides it to be.

They called me in first, like I knew they would. Apparently, at one part in the movie, there was a long speech that I read. I guess everyone who was here to compete with me would read it too. I put my all into it, but at the same time, my mind was off somewhere else. Why was I so nervous for this? I never was nervous. 

On the outside, I was confident. I was BETHANY.

On the inside, I was a scared little amateur.

I finished the speech strong, just like how I began. The casters thanked me, and explained that if they were going to need me tomorrow, they would call by tonight.

My shades were over my eyes. The first person outside of the room was Chloe.

"How'd it go?" She inquired.

"It went great. I gotta go now. Good luck with you, okay?" I hurried away. As I headed towards the door in the somewhat large room, now was my chance to look at the boy's side.

And when I did, my heart dropped..