Chapter 5

"Okay class, take out your homework from Friday so I can check it." Emmalee's teacher said.

Shit. I knew I was forgetting something.

Emmalee hoped she actually remembered to do her math homework, and was just having a mental cloud blocking her memory.

Sadly, that's not the case.

She practically tore apart her math notebook and her book bag trying to find the homework.

And then she remembered.

She left it on  her desk and she was going to do it Sunday night but then Jayson and Ruby were all cuddled up on the couch again. So her being the melodramatic and emotionally unstable person she is right now, cried herself to sleep for the second time that weekend. Completely forgetting about her math homework.

Great. As if my math grade isn't bad enough already.

"Do you not have your homework, Ms. Woods?" The teacher asked, a eyebrow raised tauntingly.

"Um, no I don't have it. I was preoccupied." She said with her head down, her finger tracing random designs on the desk top.

"Hm, I see. Well, your math grade is going to suffer substantially, something which you can't afford. I suggest you get a tutor."

"I don't know anyone though, and I have work everyday after school." She was so trying to get out of it, and the teacher could tell.

"Okay, well how about weekends. I'll take my smartest student and you guys can get together on weekends and after your shift." He said with a smirk.

Emmalee sighed, and begrudgingly nodded.

Brennan had done his homework in the five minutes he was early to class. He procrastinated on doing it at home, because he knew how simple it was.

"Mr. Gardener, I have a proposition for you. Stay with me after class for a few minutes, if you don't mind."

Brennan nodded, heat rising to his face from the few stares that looked his way.

                                                                                                    ♥

After class, Brennan made his way over to Mr. Matthews' desk.

He will admit, even though he knows for a fact that he's not in trouble, he's petrified.

"Ms. Woods, if you could stay for a moment also."

Brennan was so nervous he didn't even look up at her or Mr. Matthews.

"So, as I was saying to you earlier, Ms. Woods, you need a math tutor."

"Fuck." Brennan swore under his breath.

"Do you have something you want to say, Mr. Gardener?"

"N-No, sorry sir." Brennan wanted to curse again for stuttering.

"As I was saying, I had told Ms. Woods that I would find my smartest student and they will tutor her. And that is where you come in Mr. Gardener."

Brennan could practically feel her stare burning through him. God, he hates being stared at.

"Mr. Gardener, you will tutor Ms. Woods over here, every weekend and every other day after her shift at work. Now, I'll leave you two to work out the details."

Emmalee turned to this 'Mr. Gardener'. Who she had never seen in this class before, let alone in school.

"So, I work from 2:30 to 5:30 every week day at the local cafe so you could come around 5:15 or 5:30 and we could study there. We could alternate houses on the weekends, like my house one weekend, your house the next. Oh! We should probably exchange numbers too, so we can contact each other if we have to cancel for some reason."

Brennan just nodded.

"Do you talk?" Emmalee said, then gasped, covering her mouth. "Oh, I am so sorry, that was so rude of me to ask. My name is Emmalee, by the way, spelt 'Emma' then 'Lee' like the boys name. What's your name?"

"Brennan." He mumbled.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

"Brennan, my name is Brennan." He said finally looking up, his hazel-green eyes meeting her gorgeous brown eyes.

He could swear he felt his heart stop for a moment and everything around her turn blurry.

She felt the exact same thing.

"Oh, uh," He said, blush rising up his neck and to his already rosy cheeks, "here's my number so you can text me."

He grabbed a sticky note and pen from Mr. Matthews desk and quickly scrawled out his number, trying his best to make it note look like chicken scratch.

"Thank you, so I'll just text you right now so you have my number." She quickly pulled out her phone and tried to type in the number the best she could with her shaky hands.

She's never usually this nervous when it comes to meeting new people, but maybe she's just receiving his nervous energy and it's in turn making her nervous.

"I actually have to head to work so I'll see you at the cafe downtown around 5:30?" She said, cutely tilting her head in a way that made her look like a lost puppy to  Brennan.

In less than a second, she was gone.

Brennan sighed and pulled his phone out of his pocket to make her contact. He looked at his messages and saw:

Hey, this is Emmalee! You have really pretty eyes by the way! See you at 5:30 ♥

And all of a sudden, his blush is back.                      

                                                                                                    ♥

Hola mis amigas! (my keyboard doesn't have an upside down exclamation point how depressing is that)

So the next chapter will have their little study sesh. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I don't know if it's as long as the others but I wanted to leave their studying to the next chapter.

Also, they finally met! Yay!

Hope you enjoyed.

Read. Comment. Vote. Enjoy.

~Damn Sam ♥