Chapter 10

They slowly pulled away from the kiss.

Brennan opened his eyes, hands still on her cheeks. Little sparks tingled in the palms of his hands, a warmth was spread through his entire body.

They locked eyes, warm brown meeting earthy hazel. Emmalee gently leaned into Brennan's hand, lifting her own to caress his.

The moment their hands connected, her heart stopped. Her eyes widened, she glanced up to Brennan's again to see he looked just as shocked.

They locked eyes again and all of a sudden their hearts started beating so fast it was like they just finished a 5k run.

"D-did you feel that? Did your heart—"

"Yeah... Does this mean—" A smile broke out on Brennan's face.

Emmalee nodded, a megawatt grin on her face as well.

"We're soulmates." They said in unison.

"T-there was only a 0.9% that this would happen. That means... You have an irregular heartbeat too?"

Brennan nodded, smile still present on his face.

He was shocked, but a good kind of shocked. He never originally wanted a soulmate, the aspect of being rejected too scary for him. He thought that since he's so shy, there would be no possible chance of meeting his soulmate, and then with the irregular heartbeat thing, his chance was even lower. But knowing Emmalee was his soulmate, makes that so much easier. She already declared herself as his friend so she had to like him to some extent. Or was that just because she found out he had no friends?

"Y-you're not going to reject me, right?" Brennan said, the color draining from his face, a frown replacing the smile that was once there.

"Are you insane? How could I reject you?" Emmalee looked at him incredulously. "You are the guy I've been dreaming of since I was a little girl. And hell, you're even better in reality, than the faceless prince charming from my dreams. I could never reject you, how could you possibly think that?"

"Um, Brian. Brian would tell me that no one would ever love me and that my soulmate will reject me, if I could ever even work up the guts to talk to her. And, yeah, I um, didn't really want a soulmate, because I didn't want to go through the inevitable heartbreak from when they would reject me." Brennan said, looking down with flushed cheeks. He felt so stupid for even letting that doubtful thought cloud his mind. "I thought that the irregular heartbeat was a blessing at first, because then I might not even have a soulmate to hurt me. But, then I met you, and I really liked you, still do, and I was scared. Scared because I legitimately liked you and you probably had a soulmate already. But, hey, look at us now."

"Brennan," Emmalee said, lifting his face up to meet her eyes. "I know you have baggage, but if you couldn't tell from that scene I just caused at your family barbecue, you're kind of stuck with me now. I'm not going to reject you, I can't even imagine doing that. So, why don't you come inside, because I want to introduce my soulmate to my family." She finished with a smile.

He nodded, "Should I text my mom saying to come over, 'cause she might kill me if she found out I knew and didn't tell her."

"Yeah, invite your dad too, my parents will probably want to meet them too." She said with a smile.

She opened the door, grabbing Brennan's hand and leading him in. Both her parents, Ruby, and Jayson, were all sitting on the couch, each couple absorbed in their own little world.

Emmalee lead Brennan to the kitchen.

"I figured we should wait until your parents get here."

He nodded, showing her the text that said his parents were on their way.

The doorbell rang a few minutes later, Brennan walked over and let his parents in without a word.

"Brennan, what are we doing here? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" His mother asked, checking him for any injuries.

"Mom, I'm fine just have a seat." He said, pointing to the open love seat.

Brennan now had the attention of Emmalee's parents and sister.

Emmalee walked over to Brennan, grabbing his hand.

"So, I bet you're all really confused, and I guess we kind of are too. Both me, and Brennan, were told that there is a 0.9% chance of finding our soulmate in America, and that we might not have had a soulmate in general." She moved her gaze from her parents to Brennan, to see him already looking at her. "Well, we beat the odds and found our soulmates in each other." She said with a smile.

The new couple looked towards their parents to see tears in all four sets of eyes, and even Ruby and Jayson had watery eyes.

"We didn't think this was possible. I'm so happy for you two." Emmalee's mom said, pulling her in for a hug.

Jill got up and embraced Brennan wordlessly, closely followed by her husband.

"I'm so proud of you, B." Maxwell said tightly wrapping his wife and son in his embrace.

Brennan just smiled in response.

When their parents finally let go, the newly discovered soulmate embraced each other in a loving hug. That of which cause a new flood of tears to come to the eyes of those around them.

                                                                                                  ♥

When the tears finally dried, the parents started to converse, quickly becoming friends, and both sets of teens ventured upstairs.

Brennan and Emmalee were sat on Emmalee's bed, cuddling and telling each other anything and everything about themselves.

"Do you really not like seafood?" Emmalee asked from her place in between Brennan's arms.

"I can't even stand the smell of seafood. I have to leave the house when my mom makes it." Brennan said, his face scrunching up just at the thought.

Emmalee looked up at him, taking in his features.

From his strong jaw, to his soft cheeks, the curve of his nose, and the dark luscious lashes that lined his earthy eyes.

"What are you doing?" He asked, looking down at the gorgeous girl in his arms.

"Just admiring you." She said with a shrug.

"Or you could kiss me instead." He said with a smirk.

"Since when have you been this cheeky, huh? Or were you just trying to hide it from me?" She said with a raised eyebrow.

His smirk widened in response.

She did take him up on his offer though.

                                                                                                  ♥

I am so sorry that this chapter is a day late! Yesterday I was just so busy listening to Ed Sheeran's new album that I completely forgot what day it is!

I do encourage you all to listen to Divide if you haven't already. But I will warn you, grab tissues for when you listen to Supermarket Flowers, there is a high chance you will cry.

Anyways, Brennalee is finally a thing.

Yay!

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter even though it is a day late, but hey at least it's a happy chapter.

Read. Comment. Vote. Enjoy.

~Damn Sam ♥