Kids

I had just watched my parents die. I was Nephilim even though I didn't cry it hurt. I was enraged at this sight. My heart had shattered. My only family! Gone! I picked up the blade attacking the demons.

Not even 13 years old. I wasn't supposed to know how to fight but I practiced. I fought with my dad and mom. This was frowned upon towards the other Nephilim.

  Quickly as if by instinct I stabbed it through one of the creatures backs. I was small so it dragged down the creatures spine. For sure killing the creature. I turned to the other creature and ran at it. It came towards me ready to strike.

  I was not scared of this though. I surely plunged the sword through the creatures gut curving my hand as it pierced the creatures skin it hissed in pain. There was still 1 more demon. The one that killed my parents. The one all my anger was towards. It struck at me. I dodged it narrowly doing a back flip. It pounced on my 11 year old body pinning me down.

  "Rot in hell bastard!" I spat in its face causing it to hiss.

  I placed my feet on it's stomach pushing with all my might. It flew backwards. I threw my sword at the creature as it went straight threw the creatures face. It screamed disappearing. I ran to my parents. I saw their pale faces. Their eyes glazed over.

  "Alex Highsmith? Daughter of Lillian Highsmith?" A strict female voice asked stunned at this sight. I held the blade up turning to where the voice came from.

  "Mayrse!" I ran to her as she crouched down. I wept into her chest. "M- mommy and d-daddy are d-dead..." I hiccupped from crying so hard. She picked me up. She took me to the clave and told them what she had witnessed.

  I sat outside on the steps holding my knees up to my chest. I thought about everything. Mayrse came back out of the building. She sat next to me.

  "Alexandria Maxine Highsmith." She called to me I stood up. "You will be joining me and my family at our institute. You'll be safe there. We'll stop by your house so you can pack your things."

  I nodded looking down a bit shy. She was practically my aunt with how close her and my mom were. I ran to keep up with her. We went back to my house.

  I walked up my grand staircase. I passed by my mom and dads room. I walked in grabbing a few family photos we had. I then vacated that room heading to my own. Mayrse at my heels to make sure no other demons lurked there.

  I went into my huge room. I took a deep breath remembering everything that happened in this room. I ran and grabbed a bag packing my clothes. I turned to my room. A deep sadness filled me.

  "Goodbye forever room. Goodbye house. Goodbye memories..." I whispered.

  She took my hand and we portalled back to her institute. I saw Alec and Izzy along with some blonde kid I'd never saw before. Me and Izzy being the same age she ran up and hugged me.

  "Alex! I'm so sorry that happened." I looked to Mayrse who looked at me.

  "I had to inform my husband you were coming. He must've informed the children." I nodded.

  "Um Izzy can you please let go?" My voice shaking with each word. As if I spoke more I might break into tears.

  Alec walked up giving me a slight pat on my back. My looked over thinking about how my dad did the same thing when I was upset. I turned my head not wanting to get emotional. The blonde seemed to notice though.

  "C-can I just go to my room please? I need to be left alone and think..." They nodded and Alec showed me to my room. I didn't leave my room for 4-5 days. I couldn't eat without thinking about them. I hadn't cried since the day it happened. I would not show weakness.

  I heard a knock at my door. I opened it. I saw the blonde kid I looked down shyly.

  "My names Jace... I noticed you haven't came out or eaten anything so I brought you food." He lightly pushed passed me. He placed the food on the bed.

  "Um m-my name's A-Alex Highsmith..." I said shy.

  "I know how it is to loose your parent in front of your eyes..." I looked at him. He knew my situation.

  "Oh... I'm sorry." I went up and hugged the boy. He hesitantly hugged back.

This was merely the beginning of something big.

  *2 years pass

  I was hanging upside down in the large tree in the backyard. It was the day me and Izzy were to become 'parabatai'. We were ready. We had watched the two older boys go through with it not even half a year of me being there. We were excited. She ran out and asked the boys to get me out of the tree. The ceremony was about to begin!

  Me and Izzy ran as fast as we could. We had started the ceremony. Me and the Lightwood children had become best friends by then.

  The boys close at our heels wanted to watch us go through with the ceremony. After the ceremony was over me and her wanted to train. We soon would be aloud to go with the boys on missions. I wasn't scared. Izzy trained with Alec. They were great when they practiced together. This left me with Jace. He had his cocky ass smile on. He went to strike me with the wooden pole and I did a fuck (I meant front but I'm a leave it cause like autocorrect is a bitch and its funny) flip avoiding it. I watched him ready to pounce as if I were a cat and he a small mouse. I struck him with my pole. He winced in pain a bit. I smirked.

  "Wanna get cocky so will I." I sassed him. This aloud him to sweep me off my feet. He climbed on top of me.

  "Is that so princess? Seems like I got you trapped." He raised his eyebrow. I smirked.

  "Just cause I'm smaller than you doesn't mean I can't kick your ass." I placed my hand on his thigh pressing hard causing him to be distracted enough for me to push him off.

  "Also never call me that again." I glared at him. After 20 minutes of us training and going round and round Mayrse called us.

  I ran out of the door jogging to her. " Yes Mayrse?" She sighed.

  "I really wish you'd call me mom..." I rubbed the back of my neck.

  "Sorry still not used to all of this..." She nodded understandingly.

  Jace ran up and hugged Mayrse. "Mom what a surprise you're home early."

  She smiled at us... Why can't she be this way towards Izzy and Alec?