Chapter 6: The Date Begins

ππππ

"Tonight is the night Listal."

"The night for what?" Listal asked while browsing through Instagram and not even looking up at her friend.

"The night that Frodo Baggins realizes that I am his true love." Prisca sighed dreamily as she brushed her wavy, brown hair.

"Psshhh, get real Pris, Frodo has a hard time realizing just about anything."

Prisca whirled around to face her friend, blue eyes blazing.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She snapped.

"Uh, not trying to be rude or anything, but Frodo can be pretty clueless at times. Especially when it comes to this sort of thing." Listal replied looking up from her phone.

"How would you know?"

"Esmerelda told me and she's his cousin so I think you should trust me on this one. Don't go thinking that Frodo's going to notice you right off the bat."

Prisca rolled her eyes.

"Yeah right Listal. You're just jealous because my crush is going to fall in love with me first."

"What?! You think I'm jealous?! And how did you know that I had a crush?"

"Esmerelda told me that you have a crush on Pippin who is also her cousin. She's really protective of them you know." 

"Yeah, I figured that out for myself after she threatened to throw me into Mt. Doom should I do anything to hurt Pippin, which I would never even dream of doing."

"Here's what I don't understand Listal," Prisca said digging through her closet trying to find and outfit for tonight, "how can you expect to win Pippin's heart if you're not even going to try and talk to him?"

Listal shrugged and brushed a strand of her black hair out of her face.
"I don't think that things like this should be forced, they should just happen you know?"

Prisca poked her head out of her closet.
"Trust me Listal, if you don't try it'll never happen. Pippin will go about his life and he will never notice you, perhaps he'll even fall in love with another hobbit."

"So you think that Frodo's just going to fall in love with you the moment that he sees you?" Listal asked skeptically.

"Yes." Prisca was 110% certain that it was going to be love at first sight.

"Well, good luck with that." Listal scoffed.

"You wanna bet?" Prisca challenged with her hands on her hips.

"Bet what?"

"You think that you don't have to do anything to win Pippin's love, that it'll happen in its own time. While I believe that you have to make these things happen, so why don't we put our ideas to the test? Tonight."

Listal thought about it for a moment. It would be interesting to see which method would work: Watching and waiting for the right time, or charging forward without hesitation.

"Alright Pris, you got yourself a bet. But you never did answer my question from earlier, what is so special about tonight?"

"Are you kidding?! It's the 6th day of February!"