Chapter 9: It's Finally Over (Is it?)

So this is a little stop motion I made a few years back. Thought I'd share it with you all.

ππππ

"There's absolutely nothing any of you can say that will make me change my mind. I know that my ship sailed and that's that." Caladhiel crossed her arms, daring anyone to question her.

"Are you sure about that?" Piper asked. "If you think about what happened that night and the fact that no one has seen either Es or Legolas since then, I'm pretty sure that they're both hiding in an attempt to let this all blow over."

"NO!" Caladhiel shouted nearly sending both Piper and Pely flying through the air. "THEY FELL IN LOVE AND MY SHIP SAILED DO YOU HEAR ME?! SAILED SAILED SAILED!"

It was at the exact moment that Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Vili came walking up.
"Uh, is she okay?" Frodo glanced uncertainly at Caladhiel before quickly looking away.

"She's convinced that her ship has sailed," Pely explained, "and for her sake I hope it did or she might lose it."

"Wouldn't that be a little strange though?" Sam asked turning to Merry.
"Why would it be?" Merry replied.
"Well, you know. It's your younger sister, and Legolas."
"Your point?"
"It's just that-that-well... um..." Sam's words trailed off leaving everyone to stare at him.

"I don't see anything wrong with it." Merry said with a shrug. "Legolas is nice enough, although I highly doubt that Es will want anything to do with him after this. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if she was out there secretly plotting his murder."

Not realizing what he just said Merry failed to notice the confused and somewhat terrified looks that he was receiving from those gathered. 
"Seriously though where have those two been?" Vili asked quickly changing the subject.
Frodo shrugged, "Who knows? The real question is where has Pippin been?"

"Oh you didn't know?" Merry said, "He met some girl hobbit at the bowling alley and now they're dating. Can't say I'm not surprised, I knew he'd find a girlfriend sooner or later."
"Huh," Frodo crossed his arms, "so you've got a girl and so does Pippin. Es may be getting a boyfriend, I wonder if I'll find my special someone soon."
"Good luck with that Frodo. You have the worst social skills I've ever seen before in my life." Merry rolled his eyes.
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Your attention span? It's shorter than Pippin's."

"What'd you say?" Frodo asked scrolling through his instagram and not paying attention at all.
"I rest my case." Merry crossed his arms and sighed in disappointment when Frodo took a selfie.
"Wait a minute, where's Phoenix?" Vili gaped at Caladhiel and Piper in disbelief. "He's always with you guys."
"No idea where he is either," Piper shrugged, "Thranduil's been out of town too. It's as if the entire Mirkwood royal family has vanished."
"They'll turn up sooner or later right?" Pely asked hopefully.

As if to prove her right two familiar voices could be heard in the distance, coming closer and closer and getting louder and louder since they were clearly debating about something.
 "I don't care if you have photographic evidence, there is no possible way that you were a pirate."
"How are you still in denial about this? I even showed you the ship I sailed on!"
"And the crew were lovely people, but I am not convinced."
"Es you and I have literally been sailing all over the world for weeks!"
"And your cosplay was creative, but a bit over the top if I must say."
"That wasn't cosplay! My hair literally turns dark brown, I grow facial hair, my ears lose their points, and I find myself dressed as a pirate every time I board that ship!"
Es paused and looked up at Legolas.
"Leggy the idea of you transforming into a mortal every time you go on a boat is too much for my little hobbit mind to comprehend so until I can learn to live with it I'm in denial."