Chapter 13- Jordan's Return

The Next Day

Hanna outstretched her arms and yawned loudly.

Bang

That was the sound of her elbow hitting the table leg beside her.

"Shit!"

"Hanna?" Came Caleb's voice from across the dark room. The basement was in complete darkness. Hanna imagined the sun was out, shining brightly in the clear blue sky. If she could just get out of this place, she thought, everything would be OK. She would go back to Caleb and the two of them could start a life together. They could lock the two pyschos upstairs in a jail cell and finally move on with their lives. If only they could get out...

"What was that noise?" Caleb asked, knocking Hanna out of her deep thoughts.

"The sound of a bruised elbow!" Hanna exclaimed throwing her body forward into a sitting positon. "Why did I have to sleep so near a table? Common sense Han."

Caleb laughed at Hanna's use of third person. He bit his lip in amusement and watched as she got up from the cold stone floor and stretched.

"You really that stiff?" Caleb asked grinning.

"Caleb, I woke with my knees pressed against my chest. If I'd have woken just ten minutes later, my heart would've been crushed by my left knee." Hanna explained folding her arms over her chest.

"Han that's not possible... or maybe it is I don't know." Caleb stared into space thinking.

"Caleb what are we gonna do?" Hanna asked the dreaded question. Caleb slowly lifted his eyes to meet Hanna's. He opened his arms and she walked into them sitting down beside him. She nuzzled her head in his neck, her soft hair brushing against it. Caleb wrapped an arm around Hanna's back drawing her in. He wanted to make her feel safe. He wanted her to know that he was always going to be the shoulder to cry on. He just wanted to cuddle her forever.

Bang!

Hanna shot her head up. "OK that was not my elbow!" She glanced up at Caleb who was now slowly standing up. "Caleb no!"

"Well, well, well. The two lovers have been cuddling I see." A voice from the top of the stairs boomed. Hanna rolled her eyes. Trust Jordan to make a grand entrance.

First I bang my elbow and then the King Of All Evil comes walking down the stairs looking and sounding like... well a King... Hanna groaned.

"What do you want Jordan?" Hanna asked, her voice filled with confidence. He shifted his eyes from Hanna to Caleb and back to Hanna again.

"Play nice Hanna. We all know what happens when you don't." Jordan's cockiness was evident.

"Shove that cockiness up your dick Jordan." Hanna blurted. She shook her head in disgust at the cocky man standing in front of her. She was not going down without a fight. She refused to let him provoke her and make her miserable. Hanna and Caleb needed to build strength if they wanted to tear Jordan and his mother down.

"We all know what happens when you get your big girl act on Hanna. Surely you still have the scars Hanna." Jordan grinned devilishly at both Hanna and Caleb. He was also determined not to let Hanna's confidence get to him. He needed to knock her confident wall down and let her plead for mercy. He really was evil...

"One thing is clear here Jordan and that's that I will NOT be intimidated by a cocky, waste of space, low life, mental patient like you. Go and solve your problems Jordan and escape this mess. You don't have to keep us down here. You can go and live your life with someone else who will love you for the insane man that you are! Just go." Hanna's eyes burned into Jordan's dark soul. They were intimidating he had to admit. His blood boiled just thinking about escaping this mess and leaving Hanna with Caleb. They needed to be taught a lesson. Jordan was the teacher and the teacher wanted some payback. After all Hanna di did destroy his family!

Caleb smiled to himself. He had never seen this side of Hanna before. She carried this positive, calm, confident air about her. He had to grin as he saw Jordan's cocky smile fall.

"This isn't over. You both will pay for this!"

He trailed himself up to the door, opened it, looked back at the grinning couple and chuckled. Then he slammed the door shut...

I love this Hanna ahahaha! She's so greattt! Hope you enjoyed!
-Hannah