IV.

Four.

November 10: Evening

I had been waiting for this hour to strike, finally.

It was a nightmare walking around, thinking about Bella all day long but having no idea where she spent her days. All I knew was that she worked at the bar during the evenings. She had been kind enough to leave me a paper with her working hours so I knew when to show up and when not to. I had asked her for an address to her home but she had kindly declined my offer of hanging out. I didn't take it too personally, just slightly.

Today was Friday meaning there would be a lot of heartbroken men drinking their problems away at the bar. I would not be alone there which meant I would not be having all her attention for myself. It also meant that I would have to keep things professionally, no touching nor flirting. More than the usual, that is.

She looked excited when she gave me her working hours, happy as if she had been waiting to do that for ages. It made me completely warm on the inside, knowing she did care about me a little. If she didn't, she would not have been that thrilled to see me in the future.

Bella gave me confidence, strangely enough. She made me confident and assure of myself, in a good way. When I was around her, I get nervous yet I know that she might be thinking the same thing as me. I could tell by the darkness in her eyes before that she wanted me too. I knew that the kiss we shared was only supposed to stay that - a kiss.

If anything else happened, I could end up in big trouble. And I had promised everyone around me (my team, manager, parents, friends; everyone) to stay out of trouble and be a clean soul for now. I devote myself to God and I should stay that way. Having sex with minors was a big clear no-sign.

But she did say she was almost eighteen. Something about a few months left, I think perhaps four. It was November now and I could totally see her being a February child. Maybe it was good for us, if we were to develop some kind of relationship, to wait a while too.

It hit me that she might even be a virgin.

She is quite innocent, as a person, so it would not surprise me. At the same time, she seemed very aware of what she was doing while we were kissing so I could be wrong too. I decided not to ask her about it, in case it would be an awkward situation for her. Maybe it would even be uncomfortable for me.

Hell, she might not even be thinking about this type of things between us. She could easily want me as a friend, I seem to be stuck in the friend zone with all girls around me lately. Just because she kissed me, does not mean she wants more. I shouldn't be thinking too far ahead, either. I tend to dream myself away during the days, creating a whole life somewhere far away from my own reality.

I could imagine me and Bella, having a romantic dinner at some beach on a private island. I bet she would like that, though.

But then again, I have a habit of thinking too far ahead and only end up disappointed. She could have complete other thoughts than me and I should take the responsibility to not make us move too quickly. I was the old one of us, I should be the one in control.

I pushed the doors to the bar forward, hearing a little noise cling as I stepped my foot inside. The instant smell of alcohol mixed with sweat but as I looked around, I noticed I was the first customer for the night since all the other chairs around the bar were empty. Bella looked up from the counter and the moment she saw me, her entire face lit up with happiness. It made me smile widely.