Part 1 First Meeting

Aaron POV

There I was, at the party being thrown by Alexander and Laurens(Though it was more of a ball). Slightly burnt and with a slight sting to go with it. The reason for this? Was because of her.

 The reason for this? Was because of her

Melissa Reynolds was her name. She had come with Thomas and James. She was the first female member in the Cabinet, aka the Room Where It Happens, she was fired but now was back and from what I knew, living with Thomas, James, and their daughter Tracy(Tracy belongs to Falling_Night201 ). Her younger sister was Maria Reynolds, which in turn, gave her a deep hate for Alexander after he wrote The Reynolds Pamphlet. She hated anyone who took part in, or caused the pamphlet to be made. Which is why I was currently burnt. She was unaware that James and Thomas were involved, but knew that I helped pressure Alexander into writing it and burnt me with her powers.

But that was a few minutes ago, now I was standing off to the side of the ball room. Mulligan, being the DJ, was playing a slow dance. Me, being one of the only single people there, as Lee and Theodosia were both dead, wasn't dancing. I looked over and neither was Melissa, she was just watching Thomas and James dancing together happily with a sad look upon her face. It was well known she was in love with Thomas, but he had rejected her, as he was already married to James. I stared at her for a minute, she was quite beautiful, not to mention headstrong and confident. I walked over to her deciding to try and strike up a conversation.

"Hey."

"Oh it's just you." she responded. I could tell she wasn't in the best of moods. Especially not with me. "I just wanted to see if you were ok. You look and sound upset, not to mention your not dancing." I responded ignoring her annoyed sounding response.