Part 5 Leaving

Melissa POV

"Your what?" I could hear the sadness in his voice. This is the price I pay for being the only female cabinet member. "Aaron you know I wouldn't go if I didn't have to. I promise it'll only be a few months! A year at most!" I was being sent on a business trip, much like how Thomas went to France as the ambassador, that's sorta what I was doing. Except I was being sent with two others to try and fix broken deals after France's revolution. "But what if you don't come back?" that I didn't know how to respond to. There was no way to know if the deal would go south or not, I just had to hope for the best. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him into a tight embrace as he wrapped his arms around my waist. He was crying, I knew because I could feel the sting of his tears touching my skin. "Shhh it's ok. I'm gonna be fine. I'll be back before you know it." I said attempting to reassure him as I wiped away his tears with my finger, slightly cringing at the small sting that resulted from that action. He pulled me into a kiss, it was sweet and soft like always. It lasted about a minute before he pulled away looking me in the eyes and saying "I love you". "I love you too Aaron."

The next morning Melissa left. It would be about a year before Aaron and Melissa would see each other again, but that my friends is a story for another time.