Act Six

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't uploaded this in a while. I've just been going through some pretty serious shit lately and just having to deal with that and stuff, so.....

Anyway, hopefully this will be the beginning of getting back into it. Just keep reminding me to upload if I forget. 

Don't forget to vote and comment. Love to you all :P

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Theo's P.O.V

We were all backstage waiting to one-by-one go on stage and audition for parts of Romeo and Juliet to our director.

Matilda looked calm but determined as she went over her verses again and again in her head. Her lips moving soundlessly as she did so.

Ronan was chill, standing off to the side with his hands in his pockets; I really don't think he care much either way.

I was pacing back and forth going over my lines and trying to shake away any nerves that threatened to bubble up.

I could do this, I could do this, I could do this; I kept telling myself.

The other actors and actresses in our club at their own methods of coping. Hazel stood by the front filing her nails, seemingly completely confident and relaxed.

"Hazel to the stage," the director's voice called from the audience. The witch gave one nasty smirk at me over her shoulder before going out onto the stage to perform. It was always ladies first.

"I hate her," Matilda hissed under her breath, low enough so that only the three of us could hear; Hazel's posse was nearby.

"If she gets Juliet I might actually quit," Ronan scowled. Matilda slapped him on the arm.

"Don't be ridiculous, as if I'd ever let that happen," she told him. I wasn't sure for a moment if she meant she was going to get the role of Juliet, or if she wouldn't let Ronan quit; I decided not to ask, and neither did Ronan.

A few of Hazel's followers went out to perform, and then it was Matilda's turn.

"Break a leg," I told her, and she nodded with a fire in her eyes that made it clear she meant business. Ronan and I bustled to the sidelines to try and watch her audition. From what I could tell, she nailed it. If she didn't get the part, this whole thing was rigged.

Once all the girls had auditioned, it was time for the boys. Most of the guys went on before me and Ronan. Then finally Ronan was called forward and I was left behind with only one other. Jeremy turned to me nervously.

"Which part are you going for?" he asked me.

"Romeo." Jeremy's shoulders slumped.

"I wanted to, but I don't think I'd ever get it. I get too nervous, and then I get sick. I'm just going for Friar Laurence now," he sulked. I went to him and placed my hand on his shoulder.

"You're better and braver than you think you are. She's just one person sitting out there in a crowd of nothing. Pretend you're alone in your room practising to a mirror," I advised him. He gave me a smile.

"Thanks, Theo, but even if I did, I'd never beat you," he said to me. I smiled back.

"You never know if you don't try," I told him, and then my name was called.