Act Eight

A lot of emotions going on in this chapter :P

ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Theo's P.O.V

I don't like Sebastian Edgerton.

We were just having a moment of projected passion. I was acting love, and because I was acting it, I was feeling it. But it wasn't real. Not with him. I just can't.

I mean, I never felt anything for him that way before, and I've known him for years! I couldn't like Sebastian. I just couldn't.

I didn't tell Matilda and Ronan about the kiss. Which felt strange for me, because I told my best friends everything. But how could I tell Matilda I cheated on my boyfriend with her brother?

I felt so bad. It was so shitty. Cheating was so ugly. It was disgusting. I always swore I'd never do that or let that happen. How could I do that? I hated myself for it. I hated myself so much it made me sick.

So I was planning to avoid Sebastian completely. Especially until I get the chance to tell Gale face to face what had happened. I was going to be honest with him. I was going to tell him everything. He deserved that. I hate lies. So I told Matilda I wasn't going to come over this weekend.

"What do you mean you're not coming over?" Matilda stared at me, bewildered. Ronan was sitting behind her with his eyebrows raised high. The only problem with that was that I told Matilda I wasn't coming over this weekend in the middle of class.

"I've just got a lot of homework that I've been putting off and we have too much fun on the weekends to focus on homework," I told her. Matilda was staring at me like she didn't know who I was any-more.

"Alright?" she frowned, clearly not believing me but deciding not to fight it further here. She turned away from me. Ronan and her both started whispering under their breath so I couldn't hear. I turned back to my school work. As if I didn't feel bad enough already...

The bell rang and I got up quickly, packing my things away and leaving the classroom ahead of Matilda and Ronan. Matilda ran after me and grabbed my arm.

"So, what? You're not going to even walk home with us?" she asked, obviously put out.

"I'm meeting Gale," I told her and yanked my arm free, leaving her looking appalled. She was going to have to get over it, I needed to see Gale. He didn't deserve to have this done to him.

I walked into town and met Gale outside the Honey Oak. He smiled when he saw me, but I couldn't bring myself to smile back. He hugged me, but I just stood there.

"Can we talk?" I asked him. He nodded, and I led him silently to our gazebo spot.

We sat down and Gale waited, a little nervous, for me to speak. I took a deep breath and looked at him.

"I'm so sorry," I began, deciding to just rip the band-aid off and get it over with. "I kissed someone. I don't really know how it happened, but I wont make any excuses. It just sort of... happened. I didn't mean for it to. I never wanted to hurt you." Gale stared at me, his expression blank and unreadable.

"Who?" he asked me. I cringed; I'd been hoping he wouldn't ask me that, but I promised myself I was going to be completely honest with him.

"Sebastian," I told him. Gale frowned.

"Matilda's brother?" he asked, and I nodded. He still wasn't reacting much. I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"Do you like him?" he inquired.