Turning tables!!

Jade's POV

Eric left with this plain remark

"I am glad to know so Jade" he said . I can't wrap my head around the idea of why it  hurt me so bad, why it penetrated my very existence that he showed me his empty interest. I know he feels for me and I have to restrain myself, I need to stay as away as possible even if that concludes to my nasty remarks. I walk  as slowly as I can and open the counter's  old wooden drawer, it is made of oak and there is something very strange carved upon the wood,

"This may be as old as myself" I thought silently while pulling the drawer open only to reveal a bunch of old books, and some plain pieces of paper I needed right now.

I have to adapt some well-known songs and write some invitations for the concert night. Also I have to make a list of a big range of songs that may be played in Fangtasia.

I heavily sigh and sit on the floor on my Persian carpet, crossing my legs in a yoga position. I glance at the hanging clock opposite me, on the wall, it's  20:30 , I only have 3 hours to organise everything. So I start to work. I write and erase , I throw  papers everywhere. I only stand up to drink a glass of water and plug in my iPod to the music system to take some inspiration. The song I never expected to play turns on and my eyes start to water uncontrollably.

It is a song by the post-hardcore band "Pierce the Veil" intitled "a match into water", it reminds me of Izia, and Pam said she killed her, and I didn't even have the time to check upon the fact,with everything that happened afterwards. So many things occured that I can hardly comprehend them. I learnt the truth of my life  about Eric and Godric betrayed me. Izia is probably dead, Sookie wants peace with me, Eric is mad at me and I have to organize a tone of files and a concert. Great ,this is dreamy.

I take my phone and dial Izia's number expecting her to pick it up.

"Come on Izi, take the damn thing, my intuition never fails me." I murmur anxiously, biting my cheek on the inside.

After some seconds I hear something from the other line

"Gouhhh, J..Jadeee? Where are youu?I need help." Izia faintly answers giving answers to my silent paryers.

"Where are you? What  did Pam exactly do to you?" I ask her out of breath,

The call is ended. Oh shit!!!

I put the papers I managed to finish in a file and then in my brown leather bag. I run vampire speed to my bedroom and take my  red blouse and my beige jeans , I dress and before I leave the room I notice a piece of paper and keys on my matress

These are the keys of my car. I need you in Fangtasia on time or else I will not be satisfied Jade. I hope you'll do well in your job.

Sincerely,

Eric Northman.

I grab the keys shaking my head to each side, "What a dick??"

I think and rush to the living room. Taking my bag I reach for the door.I throw the bag in the passanger's seat  and ignite the engine. Songs of "pierce the veil" echoing in the car's atmosphere, and my mind is completely clear, as crystal.

Some Minutes Later

After my little journey with Eric's  luxurious car, I reach Izia's home. I get out of the car slaming the door, which doesn't close properly and I head to Izia's door. I hesistate to ring the bell, and the door mysteriously open for me only fractions of seconds before my hand touches the soft surface of it.