~ Whispers in the dark ~

Recap

Our lips part and he kisses my neck. It finally hits me he must not bite me before we sleep together, that's what Sabrina has always reminded me of.

"Eric please don't bite me" I whisper to his ear.

He shakes his head in a positive manner and goes on with his fervent assault. Kissing my neck, when I spot a presence behind the door, this bitchy blonde vampire Nan or whatever.

Eric is aware of her presence as well and stops for a second. Holding me tight against his body.

"Eric I am coming in I need to talk to you." Nan shouts and the door knob is turning slowly as well as tormentingly.

Eric curses under his breath

"Crap!!Not her now." he says

He looks at me and goes vampire speed behind his desk sheltering me away. He looks me dead in the eyes and quickly says

"You'll have to TRUST me ok?" he lets out and with that he sinks his teeth in my neck.

Oh no he wouldn't do that , he would not bite me. His mouth is full of blood as is my neck covered with a very thick layer of streaming blood. I snap my eyes open and smell a mixture of musk and caramel. I don't hurt.

Nan enters and Eric shoots her a look

"Oh we can share mister Northman." she suggests and I secretly roll my eyes behind Eric's neck.

"No go outside I'll be there shortly. Pam accompany miss Falnagan out." Eric commands and keeps his job on my neck.

Miss Nan Flanagan goes outside talking to Pam. That was close...

Eric looks at me and kisses me blood dripping in my mouth.

"Thanks for your trust Jade." he whispers and blows a kiss on my neck.

Jade’s POV

~ continuity ~

I blink a couple of times realizing what he had just done and why. Eric cups my face between his palms and his gaze penetrates my soul, I almost feel lost. He whispers not breaking his eye contact with me.

“I hope that you didn’t question my intentions, not even for a second. I would not hurt you.” He lets out passionately.

He didn’t bite me , he pulled the whole act in front of Nan Flanagan, a prominent vampire rights activist and key vampire spokesperson , in order to protect me! Eric bit his cheek on the inside and let his blood flow on my neck.

The feeling that’s breaking through me right now is hardly comprehensible.

I leave out a short living sigh and I catch Eric’s wrists with my hands, he’s still holding my face in his hands.

“Why did you do that Eric?” I ask him wanting to know the exact reason behind his actions. I may be paranoid for asking for the obvious thing to be told but I can’t just rely on my thoughts.

He smiles sadly this time and leans closer ,our foreheads touch.

“This is a hard night Jade… out there, there are vampires that want me to pay off my deeds and there is a possibility I won’t make it alive.” He tells me with a so low voice I even thought he was communicating with me in a mind connection way. But that is impossible. I don’t have a hint. What is he talking about? I can only imagine it has something to do with this vulgar vampire that rudely interrupted us earlier.