Desolation Girl

"I brought you here not to scold you.. but to remind you. Ryuu won't leave you alone, no matter what you say." Junko says.

"Why not..? I only hurt you guys. I'm better off alone." Alleria says with a teary look in her eyes.

It was not a matter of clumsiness or simple misfortune.. those people who gets into accidents or tragic events are all coincidentally people who mean alot to her.

"I can abandon you if that's what you want" Junko narrows her eyes. "But to tell you something.. you don't throw away people who threw their life just for you." Junko smiled and walks past Alleria with her hands in her pockets.

"...I think it will be for the best." Alleria closes her eyes. "Or am I being selfish?"

Making her decision, Alleria tried to spend the last day before Winter Break with her friends. She spent it wisely.. she made it worthy and tried to make it happy.

Because after that.. she intended never to get in touch with them again.

A week after

Numerous messages from her friends were left unread in her cellphone along with countless missed calls. It kept vibrating while she kept ignoring. Although it stings her heart, she decided to be alone from now on.

For the first time in a while, nothing bad happened so far to her friends.

Living alone in her apartment, Alleria gets up with a depressing look on her face, she seemed very haggard.

Alleria's POV

It's very distressing.. being away from your friends. Also, it's Winter Break. I can't even see my senior, the one I've liked for quite a while.

The house is messy.. I better clean up. However, I have become one with the bed. It is hard to leave..

After 5 minutes of staring into nothingness..

Finally, I conquered my guilty pleasures and picked up the scattered clothes on the floor and put them in the laundry basket. Since I don't feel like doing my laundry today, I'll take them to the laundry shop instead. Before that, I should eat breakfast and take a bath. This house is too spacious for one person alone.. but I deserve to be alone, I think. I opened my fridge and realized I am running low on stocks, so I bettef refill soon. Ha, do I seem like I am going to hibernate? You got that right!

"Hey.."

Recently, it feels like a disembodied voice keeps whispering to me. I am not sure if it's just my imagination. But I'll just brush it off.

Right after preparing everything, I hold my laundry basket in hand and walk out of the apartment. It's not snowing heavily so I wore plain winter clothes. I walk down the stair and right beneath it, was a black cat whose eyes were gold. It was slim and majestic despite it's bad reputation.

There is a saying that black cats bring bad luck if you cross paths with one. Maybe I am a black cat?

I smile by myself with the silly thoughts inside my head. I proceeded to walk, since the shop isn't far from my apartment.

I pass by unfamiliar people, but also residents of the same town. All of them doing their chores, following their daily life. While I feel strangely calm and in peace being alone. I wonder.. what is Yuu-chin doing right now?

While I was wondering.. it felt like my world moved in slow motion all of a sudden.. I slipped because of the wet road and lost my balance, making a mess all over the place. I fell on my back and almost hit my head.