Chapter 1

Chae's pov

I close my laptop and shove it in my bag, I just spent my whole school day watching anime. I can't believe myself. I sigh and start grabbing all of my things. I check the time and it's 3:26. I'm supposed to be at my fathers work place by 3:30. I gasp before sloppily throwing most of my stuff in my bag and start running.

My dad works as a weekend school teacher and sometimes on week days, depending on the kid, and at a small diner on the week days.

As I'm running I don't notice the sidewalk that juts slightly upwards and I run into it, my foot getting stuck and my body going flying. I drop all of my papers a books that I carried and scrapped up my knee. I'm too embarrassed and my knee hurts,  so I decide to continue laying there. I heard someone running and then the footsteps stopped when they were close to me.

"Hey are you alright?" Someone asks me. I don't move, deciding to play dead and save myself the embarrassment of the person having seen me fall.

"Excuse miss, are you alright? Can you hear me?" The person panics. I squeeze my eyes tight feeling sorry for ignoring them. "I'll call an ambulance." He says.

"No need, I'm fine just a little scrape." I laughed awkwardly. I quickly grab everything I can see and run away before having to look at his face, or him seeing mine.

"Wait, are you sure you're alright, that was a pretty big fall." He commented grabbing my arm and facing me towards him.

"What? I didn't fall you must have my confused for someone else." I tried.

"Hey, wait don't you go to my school?" He asked I shrugged. "What's your name?" He asks. I look at him for the first time and see that he's wearing my schools uniform.

"Chae, Park Chae." I said as if I was James Bond.

"I'm Seungcheol." He smiled. I nodded and turned to walk away.

"Wait these are yours." He said handing me some papers.

"Thank you." I nodded my head towards him.

"How come I've never seen you around school before?" He asked.

"I don't know, it's kind of a big school." I shrugged, he nodded.

"But I think I'd notice someone as cute as you." He winked.

"How sweet." I rolled my eyes.

"So where are you going?" He questioned, following next to me as I walked away.

"My dads work, and I'm already running late, so I need to get there quick." I said hoping he'd leave.

"Where does your dad work?" He asked.

"A diner, that one to be exact." I said pointing to it.

"He owns that diner?" Seungcheol asked.

"No, he works there. Work is something that people do." I told him.

"So what about your mom? Where does she work?" He asked.

"She doesn't work, she's dead." I told him.

"Oh I'm so-" I cut him off.

"It's fine you didn't know." I shrugged.

"So what your saying is, you're broke?" He gasped, I rolled my eyes, of course that all he got out of it. My school was a rich kids school. Everyone's parents owned companies and buildings, where as my dad barley owned our apartment.