Tried

SATURDAY:

        It's been hard. I admit that. I didn't think it would be like this. I love Rafael. I really do, but we can't do this.

It's only been a week. One week and I don't think I've ever cried more, not even when Dylan died.

I need him, but we aren't good for each other. He's no good for me, and I drag him down. I haven't seen him, and I've been trying to avoid him. I am staying at a hotel. I haven't told anyone.

It's funny, I thought my nightmares would get better, when I left. They haven't. They are worse.

Rafael's POV

Nicole, hasn't reached out to me. I should be angry but I know this can't be easy on her. I am suffering. I cant breathe. I want to curl up and cry. She says I'm my father, and that scares me. It breaks my heart.

Court has not been going well. I have been a mess. I mean I have been doing my job, but I have been a mess.

I don't care. Everyone can tell something is wrong. I won't talk about it because how the hell do I get it together? I don't is the thing. Not unless Nicole is back in my arms, but she is scared of me. How did I let this happen?

SUNDAY:
Nicole's POV

I got up and went to work. I felt lifeless. I wish I could let myself work it out with him, but I can't.

He hasn't tried to reach out to me. I can't blame him. I hurt him when I said he was like his father, but what else could I do. It did hurt, but he needed to hear it. I said it and I know he'll never forgive me for that. I will never forgive myself for that. We went through everything together and I said the one thing that would kill him. I needed to. We did go through everything together, and I couldn't handle it.

*

I got back to the hotel when I actually got a text from Rafael. It made my heart leap.

Rafael Barba: Hey I think we should have dinner to talk about the apartment and everything. If you want, if not, it's okay.

Me: Yeah, that sounds good. I can come by tomorrow night for dinner, if that's okay?

Rafael Barba: Sounds good

I smiled to myself. I can't wait to see him.

Rafael's POV

She agreed to meet me. I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing. I hope it's good. I hope I can convince her to at least think about us.

I need her back. I would do anything to get her back. I would go through hoops for her. I would put it in a headline if that's what she needed from me.

MONDAY:
Nicole's POV

I got ready for dinner in a button down and slacks. I tied my hair back and got going. I'm going to arrange for a day to get my stuff and I'm going to be done with him.

I opened the door and took a deep breath. It's only been a week and I miss this place. I miss it all.

I walked over to the photo he had framed of us. It was from our Miami trip. It was a good trip.