Shady Business

It's needless to say that I didn't get to say goodbye to Myra.

The cruel shit that Bellene pulled, threw everyone for a loop. That black widow had struck again and after a full week had gone by, we were all still stuck on stupid.

Because I didn't get to see Myra before she left, I had no way to contact her. I didn't know her home address or phone number in Chicago. I had no way to even get in touch with her again.

I thought about calling and asking Big Al, but it seemed like he hated my guts for some reason. He didn't want me around Myra at all so I just knew he wouldn't give me her contact information.

Then not only did Bellene's shady ass cost me my girl, the moment that was supposed to be a great time for the couple, was overshadowed by her wickedness. We could no longer focus on how happy we were that Mrs J was pregnant, now we had to worry about money. We were broke and stressed out.

The good thing, at least for me, was that I listened to Mr J and kept my money separated from everyone else. I still had my own stash of cash in my room that no one knew about. I rarely touched it. Mr J had told me to keep my cash, to not spend foolishly and to stack my dough. I was so glad that I listened to him.

Another issue that had came up was that Mr Wally wanted to know where his rent money was going to come from. Though I want to believe that on the inside, deep in the inside, that he felt sorry for us, he was still a businessman first and he wanted his rent.

The crew was quietly panicking amongst themselves.

Since everyone else had lost out on their cash, I secretly paid everyone's half of the rent for the month.

I told Mr Wally not to tell anybody that I paid it because I didn't want them to know that I still had my own money.

Because Mr J told me to keep my cash to myself, I knew that Big P and Jimmy would be angry at him, and me, for him showing favoritism. I wanted the crew to believe that Mr Wally was allowing us to stay at the T-house, rent free, simply because he liked us.

I also secretly spent money on the groceries. I was handling everything myself, picking up the destruction that Bellene had left behind.

I didn't mind taking up the slack though. This crew had done so much for me. Even when I felt they hated my guts, they still looked out for my well being.

While we were going through this bit of hell, I was going to be the rock they stood on, I just didn't want them to know it.

Mrs Rochelle, on the other hand, wasn't as cold-hearted during our time of need. She felt awful about what Bellene had done to us and she tried to comfort us as much as she could, especially Mrs J.

She hounded Mrs J everywhere. She wanted to make sure that Mrs J was eating healthy meals, clocking it at exactly three times a day. She pressured her to drink hot tea and orange juice, for the vitamins and nutrients. She would even instruct Mrs J on when to sleep! It was sweet of her, but I could tell her overprotectiveness was wearing on Mrs J.

But after that hell of a week, all I could think about was Myra. I'd lost her forever. And the thing is, I knew she was probably pissed at me too. She probably felt like I stood her up. She always said she wanted to take the lead because I wasn't to be counted on, but me trying to be the man cost me a chance to be with her.

Then I thought about it. It wasn't my fault. It was Bellene's fault! Had she not caused all this chaos, I would've been with Myra. I could've strangled Bellene and looking around at my crew, I wasn't the only one.

It was a Friday night and instead of being at the club working on what would've been a very profitable night for us, we were stuck in the house, looking at each other, looking stupid.