Reminisce

A/N THANKS FOR WAITING! It means a lot to me that I have such dedicated supporters!! XD buuut i would enjoy it more if you'd comment on the actual story *coughcough* rather than private messaging me. If you have any ideas for the story, feel free to contact me about it and I will seriously consider it. ^-^ thank you!

“Naomi!” Kabuto called, gesturing her over as she proceeded down the hall to Lord Orochimaru’s chamber.

“What?” she questioned impatiently. “Lord Orochimaru will be angry if I’m not on time for his experiment.”

“I know, I know, but I’m just trying to prepare you for what you might see…”

Her glimmering eyes flashed dangerously. “What?”

Kabuto, smirking, pushed his glasses further up his nose. “Not so much as what but whom.” Her adamant stare never wavered, instead darkened a shade, giving off that dangerous and wicked aura that Kabuto enjoyed. “Sasuke Uchiha of the Leaf Village, the only survivor of the Uchiha clan massacre.”

Naomi scowled, ducking her head from his gaze. “Believe me, I’m fully aware of who he is. When I was still in Konoha, I hated him almost as much as Shikamaru.”

“Then this is an interesting development, isn’t it? I’d love to see the two of you battle it out someday.”

She turned her head to glare at the door that led to Orochimaru’s chamber, to the notorious Uchiha. “Doesn’t matter. I’ve had a year’s more training than him. Thanks to you and the Lord, I’m far more powerful than he will ever be.”

Kabuto tousled her hair and prodded her towards the door. “That’s what I like to hear. Go get ‘em, Nay.”

Naomi ducked, barely avoiding a punch from Sasuke. She swung around in her graceful squatting position, knocking out Sasuke’s feet from under him. He twisted backwards over his feet and extended a hand to catch his fall, springing back a few yards and landing soundlessly again on his toes.

Damn Uchiha. He’d only been here four months and he was already catching up to her. It was like Shikamaru all over again.

Naomi recognized the quick hand signals he made as three shadow clones materialized on either side of him.

One of the three clones went Naomi’s way. He twirled around while lifting his leg in the air. She ducked and grabbed his other ankle, yanking it forward. He fell to the ground as she wielded a kunai and drove it through his heart. After a painful grunt, he evaporated.

She brandished another shuriken and twirled it skillfully in her hand, scrutinizing every move made by the remaining two clones charging at her on both sides. The timing had to be perfect or she would fail. Just as the two extended fists to end her, she sprang into the air. But of course, they were Sasuke’s clones. They weren’t stupid enough to continued the strike and kill the other.