Challenged

"So, he would be alive, but wouldn't remember me?" I asked, thinking out loud.

"Look, it would be like time traveling, only some things would change. It also wouldn't be easy to help him, you are going to have to endure difficult challenges and obstacles. Only, and only when you are successful in passing all challenges and tests, will things change and he will be alive." The man explained, I sat back in the seat, taking everything in, debating whether I want Bruno alive but not remembering me, or if I wanted him gone but remembering everything we shared.

"How, I mean, what is going to happen?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" He asked in reply.

"I mean, are people going to think I'm gone, how will Bruno come back?" I asked.

"That is for you to find out during the process, do you accept this challenge?" He asked me.

"Well, do I leave with you from here or-"

"Do you accept?' He repeated, I want Bruno back, even if he doesn't remember me, he'd still make others happy, even if he didn't remember me.

"Yes, I accept."

___________________________________________________________________

"Where are we going?" I asked, feeling so tired after walking for what felt like hours, my legs trembling, and being thirsty and light headed.

"Sweetie, if you think this is rough, I can't wait to see you try to endure these challenges to come." He said in a sweet but scary manner, I sighed and kept walking. After what felt like another hour, we found a river, he stopped, so did I, following him. "This is where we jump." He said so calmly.

"Jump?! The river looks really deep." I said, peering over the bridge and looking at the dark water. The weird thing is, the entire walk here, no car or person was around. The only light was from the moon, which brings me to another weird realization... We had left, and it was barely morning, now, it was night

"Trust me." He ordered, I sighed, and nodded my head. How was he going to jump? He wasn't exactly the youngest person alive. "I'll meet you there, you are going to jump first." He instructed.

"You mean, you're not coming?" I asked, now worried. Somehow I felt safe around this stranger suddenly.

"I'll meet you there, but you will have to jump now." He ordered.

"Where am I really jumping to?" I asked.

"You will learn, and you will soon learn a lot more, but you need to jump now." He ordered. I climbed on top of the rail, holding on to the light pole that was next to me and the only source of light at the moment. I stood tall, looking around at the dark world around me, mentally saying goodbye, knowing that this was the last time I would be able to control what I was doing, and have an option. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and jumped, my arms crossed over my chest. I could feel myself entering the water, feet first, I entered the water quickly, never floating back up. I was suddenly being twirled in a circular motion, flailing my arms, but still not being able to control my direction. I opened my eyes, seeing something blue all around me, almost like a twister, only meant for me. I was still holding my breath, knowing if I took a breath I was going to take in water. After a good thirty seconds maybe, I was suddenly being almost dropped to a building, somehow being back in the sky, but not the sky I used to know. I was hurling toward a white factory like building, I curled up in a ball, bracing myself for the expected harsh landing. I suddenly felt like I stopped free falling, opening my eyes to see I was on a mattress, in an old small white room, no doors. I got up, starting to have a panic attack, not being able to escape the small room.