I. A few years on

Maine walked in the restaurant in Tagaytay that had just opened a few weeks back. She had been meaning to visit this branch but scheduling with her friends proved to be challenging. Her friends had busy lives of their own and her schedule has been picking up lately because people are finally knowing about her and her clothes.

Only two years out of college and Maine had enough funds to put up a small shop where she could display the clothes she makes. She started her business with an online store and client meet ups and she took on work as a stylist for additional income. It was through these that she expanded her network and was now on her way to putting up her own store in BGC. She still took on jobs as a stylist once in awhile.

"Maine!" Kat, one of her friends greeted. "Ang ganda mo naman tonight!"

Maine was wearing a black halter dress because she came straight from an event. her back was open and shoulders bare. The wrong dress for a chilly Tagaytay evening.

They were chatting about the place and marvelling about the view. "Ganda 'no?! Buti nalang may nag decide itayo 'tong restaurant dito!"

"Oo nga eh, artista daw yung may-ari nito."

"Sinong artista?" Maine asked.

"Alden Richards."

"Hmmm, hindi ko siya kilala." She said.

"Sa kabilang network ka kasi nakakakuha ng gig. Pero cute yun. Recently, nagjoin sa Eat Bulaga tapos ayun, biglang sikat." 

Maine tuned out more talk about the actor and was in the middle of chatting with some of her friends when a familiar face walked in. "Riza!"

"Meng!" 

The two former college roommates shared a hug. "Kamusta ka na? I see your clothes dun sa online store mo! Ang gaganda. One time papagawa ako sa yo ha?"

"Oo naman! Sabihan mo lang ako. Ikaw? How are you? Ang tagal na nating hindi nagkita!"

"Ito okay naman, working for a manufacturing company."

"May imemeet ka ba dito?"

Riza shook her head. "Dumaan lang. Dito kami magdidinner -"

"Riza?" A deep voice behind them called. 

Both turned. "Kuya"  Riza said, at the same time Maine went, "Rj."

"Maine." Rj whispered her name. His voice carrying a fondness for the beautiful woman standing in front of him, as his eyes caressed her face - eyes, nose, lips - still as mesmerizing as the first day he met her on her first year in University. His eyes continued to appreciate her neck and shoulder when Riza cleared her throat. 

"Umm, Meng, as I was saying, dito kasi kami magfamily dinner. Ikaw? Sinong kasama mo?"

"Oh, I see. Friends ko lang kasama ko. We've been hearing about this place and wanted to try it out. Artista daw yung may-ari?"

"Ah oo si Kuya."

"Huh? Akala ko yung Alden -"

Rj blushed. "Yup. Ako nga yun. Hi, I'm Alden Richards. Hehe. Sana magustuhan niyo yung food dito. Gusto mo ba mag-hello kila Dad? Nandun sila sa function room?"

Maine agreed to say hello to his father and grandparents and pay her respects quickly before getting back to her friends. 

"Girl, kilala mo pala si Alden Richards!" Janice said to her, obviously thrilled. "Kunyari ka pa kanina."

"Hindi ko naman alam na yun pala si Alden Richards. Rj naman kasi ang alam kong pangalan niya."

"Mas gwapo pala siya in person! Paano mo siya kilala?" Kat put in.

"Ex-boyfriend ko."

"WHAT?! OH MY GAHD! Hindi nga?!"

"Wag nga kayong maingay. Nakakahiya. Baka marinig tayo."

"Siya ba ang first boyfriend mo? First kiss?"

"Kat, stop it."

"Sa kanya mo ba sinuko ang Bataan?"

"JAN!"

Janice continued to bug her. "Pano kayo naghiwalay? Bad break up ba?"

She sighed. "Hindi naman. Parang one day lang wala na," Maine replied, nonchalantly.

"One day, wala na. Eh bakit hanggang ngayon may pagnanasa pa?"

"Kat, ano bang pinagsasabi mo diyan?"

Kat's voice dropped to a whisper and pretended to fix items on the table. "Kasi kanina pa siya tingin ng tingin sayo at ngayon lumalapit na siya..."

"Huh -"

"Hi, Maine. Kamusta yung food?" Rj asked. 

"Okay siya. Masarap." She replied.

"Masarap?" His mouth twitched, recalling one of the last times he heard her say that. They definitely weren't discussing food that time. Actually, they weren't 'discussing' at all. Maine must've remembered as well because she blushed. Rj took the initiative of introducing himself to her friends. "Sabihin niyo lang what else you need ha? Akong bahala. Tawagin niyo lang ako pag may problem."

"Yes, Alden. Salamat," said Maine's friends.

"Maine?"

"Yes?"

"Ito jacket ko, napansin ko kasing giniginaw ka na. Sayo na muna." He offered.

"Thank you. Sige na, okay lang kami dito, may family dinner ka pa."

He nodded and left reluctantly.

Jan and Kat smiled and started teasing her. "Ang halay ng tingin ni Tisoy sa yo, girl."

"Umalis na tayo dito."

"Wag na! Mukhang libre pa ni Alden ang dinner! Ang saya!"

"Jan, Kat, ano ba?" Maine was starting to get annoyed. 

"Aalis lang tayo kapag magpromise ka na ikekwento mo ang past niyo ni Alden."

"Ayoko nga."

Just then, the attendant came and handed her a piece of paper. "Ma'am, pinapaabot po ni Sir Alden."

In it was a note with his mobile number. "Just let me know if you need anything. - Rj"

Kat and Jan started singing. "Muling ibalik ang tamis ng pag-ibig..."

It was going to be a long night.