V. Date

Note: ⚠️ feel free to stop reading if it makes you uncomfortable. Also, reminder those italicized scenarios are flashbacks.

*

Rj goes to her shop before his appointments for the day. "Good morning!"

"Rj! Hi! Buti nalang dumaan ka, the suit is here for fitting. Magtetext palang ako kay Mama Ten eh. Wait, why are you here?"

"I wanted to ask you personally if, uh, well, what are your plans for Valentine's?" He asked, nervously rubbing his nape.

"Hmmm, I'm not sure if this counts but a friend is taking me out on the 13th."

"Ay ganun ba? Well, uh, if it's okay with you... can I take you out on another day?"

Maine frowned. "Me? On a date?"

"Yes. Sana. Kung pwede."

"Ummm, ano kasi, Rj, I'm really not looking to get into anything, right now." She told him.

"Okay, then maybe as friends? No, scratch that. Just to catch up? Hang out? Ayoko din naman sabihin na romantic na yung intentions ko, but I don't want to rule it out."

"So, ano 'to?"

"Former-couple-catching-up-around-Valentine's-day-but-not-on-the-day-itself-and-having-a-good-time-but-it's-not-a-date."

She laughed. "Ayos ha. Okay, okay."

"Pwede pa din naman na isurprise kita, right?"

"Okay."

"So, how does the 15th sound?"

"Perfect."

***

Maine met up with Kat that night at her invite.

"Girl! Anong problema? Bigla ka naman yata nagyayaya?" Kat said, as soon as she arrived at their table at the coffee shop.

"Girl, ininvite kasi ako ni Rj lumabas. Sa 15."

"Wow! May date with Alden Richards! Ikaw na!"

"Yun nga eh. Hindi yun date. We're just going to catch up. Sinabi ko naman sa kanya na I'm not looking for anything romantic sa ngayon."

"Tapos?"

"Okay naman sa kanya."

"O, so anong problema mo?"

"Hindi kaya ma-misinterpret niya? Paano kung gusto niya makipag-balikan?"

"Bilis naman ng utak mo. I guess, it can be confusing if give signals tapos biglang you'll tell him, friendly lang. Nasa sayo din eh. Ano bang balak mo? Wala ba talaga?"

Maine sighed. "Right now, ayoko talagang magka-boyfriend. Ang dami ko pa kasing gustong gawin for work and my career and I want my focus to be on that. Pero..."

"What?"

"I have to admit, nung nakita ko siya ulit, narealize ko miss ko na siya... physically."

Kat giggled. "Harot! Eh di itanong mo? Malay mo, open pala siya to that kind of arrangement."

"What arrangement?"

"Fuck buddies."

"Kat!"

Her friend rolled her eyes, "Don't go prudish on me now after you just told me you miss having se-"

Maine covered her mouth. "Pwedeng wag ka maingay?"

"Fine, fine. All I'm saying is: ask. Malay mo, he's open to it? Also, don't fret too much on the 'not-a-date' date. Malay mo din, fond nalang sayo yung tao at gusto lang makipag-kamustahan?"

"Weren't you the one who told me he still seemed interested when we saw him sa restaurant?"

Kat shrugged. "Baka sa akin pala interesado."

"Bwiset."

In bed that night, Maine couldn't help but ponder - should she consider it with Rj? If he wanted, of course. But, if she did, she seriously doubted she could just end it if and when either of them wanted.

Because Rj as a boyfriend was kind and attentive.

But Rj as a lover was attentive but also demanding.

And very, very addicting.

---

Rj wasn't sure if Maine knew what she wanted when she asked him to sleep over that night, after they were done with her assignments. So, he didn't push.

However, he was sure he wouldn't be able to resist her if she said she wanted more.

She had never been with anyone before and he was very conscious of that, so he made sure she always set the pace.

She took to kissing quickly but it took sometime for her to get used to him biting her ear or nibbling on her neck. She also initially shied away from his hands roaming around her body, even with clothes on.

Right now, though, her dress was already bunched up high on her thighs and she was grinding on top of him. "Maine, maybe I should go home. Ugh."

"No. Stay the night."

"Maine, I'm not sure I can behave pa."

She looked at him. "Don't."

As soon as she said that, he carried her to bed and quickly discarded their clothes. He nipped, sucked and kissed every inch of her that he hadn't touched before. Then, he settled with his head between her legs and started tasting.

"No, Rj, wag!"

"Why?"

"You don't have to -"

He kissed her on the mouth quickly and smiled. "I want to." And no one said anything more until she came.

Rj started kissing her again. "Maine, if you don't want to, just tell me ok? Even during, kahit mahirap, you know I'll stop if you change your mind."

She nodded and bit her lip but said nothing and waited.

He kept kissing her as he entered and kept apologizing when it got to the point when hurting her was inevitable. "I'm sorry. Sorry, Maine."

He kept his movements slow until she adjusted to him and her sniffles turned to moans. And he made sure she came two more times before he finally sought his own release.

---

Maine sighed in bed, recalling that first night with Rj and the many nights after. Maybe she should ask him? No harm in trying, right? Then again, maybe she shouldn't go down that road.

But, Rj. In bed. Definitely something she'd want to indulge in again.