Chapter 7 (edited)

Suddenly, I felt as if my mind was cleared.

Everything I thought before disappeared, and my personality seemed to change. What was I doing here? Why did I trust someone so much? I knew that trusting only leads to being hurt, and yet, there I was. I let out a small growl. An instinctive thing for an Ice Giant to do. I was disgusted with myself, but too angry to care. I had no idea why I was suddenly like this, but I couldn't stop.

After my friends died, I isolated myself. I enjoyed my own company, and I enjoyed making humans suffer by making playful tricks. When I found out what I was, I stopped wanting anything to do with them. I decided long ago that I didn't need friends, since it's not their company that I enjoyed, it's their fear, and I liked it.

You're a monster.

I hated it when my inner voice was right.

"I've changed my mind. I'm not going anywhere," I said. The room seemed to get darker, and I felt dizzy. I clutched my head with my hands to calm down.

My voice sounded angry, despite trying to contain the anger I felt for not much reason. I knew that I would be able to see my dragon soon, and that's the only friend I wanted to have. I didn't need or want anyone else, especially not someone who... well, I didn't want anyone.

Jack's expression got sad, but he brightened a moment after. What was he thinking? Why was he smiling? Did he think I was joking?

"Aw, come on! It'll be fun," he said while pushing me from behind happily.

I growled at his touch. I despised people poking me more than standing close to someone. He was trying to make me do something that I refused to do.

Still, I didn't expect myself to growl. He put his hand down immediately, his face changing from smiling to a surprised frown.

"Fine, I won't push you, but you're still coming. You can growl all you want. I don't care, since you're coming anyway. You have no idea how much fun we'll have together," he said. He thought he could make me do something that I didn't want to. He was wrong. I growled again. I knew that the growl was coming from my inhuman side, which had been buried deep within for years. I let it out.

My mouth felt weird so I inspected it with my hand. I felt fangs, long and sharp as razors.

What was I? I was confused. I needed help. Did Ice Giants have fangs like these? Didn't I need an ice Essence to become one? I had no ice armour, so why did I have fangs?

I looked at Jack, who was running in the opposite direction. He was leaving me to deal with this alone. So much of a friend. It was a good idea not to trust him. Well, I wasn't going to let him run away. I clenched my fists and growled.

Then I took off. I felt strong and I was running fast. I didn't feel tired at all, and I caught up to Jack in seconds. I felt the thrill of the hunt; I felt the thirst... for blood.

As I was about to pounce, a weight slammed into me. I fell to the ground and immediately saw that it was Tynan.

[U