1.3 - "Guess Who Is In My Physics Class?"

Rayyan's p.o.v.

"Assalam alaikum." I greeted everyone as we sat on the dining table for breakfast.

"Assalam alaikum." Hammad too greeted.

"Walaikum assalam." Everyone replied.

"Achay say parhai ki?" Abbu asked and Hammad and I looked at each other.

"Jee, abbu. Bohat achay say." I replied, looking at abbu now.

"Kab say hain tests?" He asked.

"Parson say." I replied.

"Achay marks aanay chahiye." He said.

"In sha Allah." We both said together.

Abbu picked up the newspaper started reading it.

"Pata nahi kya hogaya hai logon ko aaj kal." He said, shaking his head.

"Kya hua taya abbu?" Hammad asked.

"Kisi supermarket mein teen gundon nay takreeban pachees logon ko hostage bana liya tha. Unhonay police say ek jaan kay badlay 2 lakh rupeeon ka mutaaliba kiya. Lekin kisi nay police ko unkay raabta karnay say pehlay hi ittelaa de di thi toh police wahan pohanch gayi. Logon ki jaanein toh bach gayi Allah ka shukar, lekin gunday faraar hogaye." He explained and I choked on my bite of bread. Hammad patted on my back and gave me water.

"Kya hua beta?" Abbu asked.

"Kuch nahi bas phunda lag gaya." I replied, after I was done coughing.

We quietly did our breakfast and then left for university.

---

I was sitting bored during the Math class. I don't know how many times had we already studied this topic but I guess our professor is truly, madly, deeply in love with this particular topic.

I yawned and the professor saw me doing so. He absolutely hated students yawning while he's teaching and what he hated even more than that was me - I have no idea why. Ab mujhay jamaai aagayi toh main kya karsakta hoon.

"Mr. Rayyan, thoda aur bada mun khol letay na." He said, making the class burst into guffaws, embarrassing me. This man had no ehsaas for anyone else's jazbaat.

"Sir, mujhay jamaai rokna sikha dein. Mujhsay nahi rukti." I innocently replied making the class laugh again.

"Silence!" He shouted and the class went silent.

After a century long 15 minutes, the class finally came to an end.

It was break time now. I walked to the canteen with Hammad and a few other friends. I ordered a soft drink and took a seat in the cafeteria.

"Ajeeb boring din hai aaj ka." I said.

"Har class mein sirf revision horaha hai, tujhay toh boriat honi hi hai." Mujtaba said. "Bhaisahab ko sab kuch pehlay say jo aata hai." He added and I smiled.

"Ab main itna zaheen hoon toh ismay mera kya qasoor yaar." I boasted.

We continued talking about various things until the break ended and then we went to our our respective classes. Hammad had Psychology now and for me, it was time for Physics. It was my favorite subject. I went up to the last bench, where I always sit and waited for the professor to come.

A few minutes later, he walked in the class with a girl who looked very familiar... oye! Yeh toh kal wali angrez hai!

"Good morning, students!" Ahmed sir greeted us and we all responded with the same.

"Students, there's a new addition to our class." He addressed us. "You may introduce yourself to the class and take your seat." He added looking towards the girl.

"Assalam Alaikum, guys! I'm Aiman Haroon and I'm the new addition to your class!" She cheerfully said.

She then made her way towards the benches and Samreen, the nerd who sat on the first bench scooted in making seat for Aiman. Poori class say toh yeh rude rehti hai aur nayi ladki ko jagah dey di. Wah. I mentally made a face at her.

The class carried on and I have no idea why I just kept looking at Aiman every now and then. She probably hadn't noticed me yet. Or else she'd have at least looked at me with the angry face, nai?

"Rayyan, you and Samreen have the best notes in class... either of you kindly help the newcomer with all the work." Ahmed sir said.

"Sure, sir. I will." I replied before Samreen could reply. Aiman looked at me for a mini second before she turned back to face the professor.

"Sir.." She said.

"Yes?" Ahmed sir replied.

"If I'm not wrong, the end of unit assessments start from day after tomorrow.." she said.

"Yes, you are right - but you don't need to take the assessments as you're a newcomer and have to cover the entire unit 1." He told her.

"Yeah, but I want to take the assessments. Can I?" She asked. Pagal toh nahi hogayi hai? Poora unit parhey baghair kaisay test degi?

"Yes, sure. Why not? But, I must let you know that if you appear in the assessments, your marks will be counted in your overall performance while if you don't, you will be marked newcomer and it wouldn't affect your overall performance." He explained her. "But, if you're willing to take the assessments, you may." He added with a smile.

"Thank you, sir." She replied and soon the class ended.

I walked to her.

"Hi!" I said with a smile.

"Hi." She replied without looking at me, picking her books up. Bohat bura attitude hai iska.

"Ahmed sir told us to help you with the notes..." I said.

"Yeah, thank you but Samreen has already lent me her notes." She said, now looking at me.

She picked her bag up and left the class.

Did she not recognise me? Agar pehchaan liya toh koi reaction kyun nahi diya? I stood there and thought to myself. I shook my head and walked out of the class.

I had another class that was after half an hour. I decided to go to the open ground and solve some Physics problems. Its the first test. Although I'm pretty sure I'll ace it, thodi bohat revision toh zaroori hai na. I sat down under a tree which wasn't of apples and opened my notebook.

I was somewhere in between of solving a problem when I saw Hammad walking towards me. I waved at him and he responded with a wave.

"Don't you have class?" I asked him when he neared.

"Professor nahi aaye." He replied.

"Acha guess who is in my Physics class?" I asked with a mischievous smile.

"Kon?" He asked, clueless.

"Kal shop mein jisnay acting ki thi - woh!" I replied.

"Hain? Sach mein?" He asked.

"Haan na!" I replied. "Kal gaadi say nikaala tha na? Ab dekho, kaisay tang karta hoon main usey." I said, smiling mischievously.

"Yaar, kal tu ney already kaafi tang kiya bechaari ko." He said as expected.

"Pata nahi mainay teray saamnay yeh kaha hi kyun." I said as if talking to myself and he laughed.

"Tu bhool gaya kal humein uss khataara taxi mein ghar pohanchney mein kitni der lagi thi? Bhool gaya woh takleefein jo humnay unki wajah say uthaai? Bhool gaya? Tu kaisay bhool gaya, meray dost? Kaisay?" I asked, dramatically - flaunting my acting skills.

"Oh dramaybaaz! Bas karday yeh acting!" He said, raising his hand as if stopping me.

"Kyun bas kardoon? Isi acting nay kal hum chaaron ki jaan bachaayi thi." I boasted. "Woh angrez ki bacchi ko mera shukar ada karna chahiye tha... ulta attitude dikha rahi thi." I added.

"Tujhay koi nahi samjha sakta.." He said, shaking his head.

We started talking about different things and then went to our classes.