The Beach Holidays

The Beach Holidays

Hi I'm Merlijn and I am going to tell you a story of my holiday at the beach with my boyfriend Max. We went to Spain because of our three years anniversary. We had rent a house at the beach.

It's the summer of 2020

We were in Playa de los Genoveses, Andalucía for a week. We had rent a cottage on the beach. On the site the cottage looked like a very nice and romantic house. When we walked to the cottage we smelled the nice salty sea. We heard the birds and the whistling wind. When we arrived we found the cottage to be a small old abandoned house with an old wooden front door and  broken windows.

Max opened the creaking front door, we stepped inside and immediately we smelt the nasty smell of rotten food. Max said that he was going to bring all our luggage upstairs. I was scared so went with him. There was no banister to hold on to the wall. The wall was soft and spongy, you could pinch it. This made this cottage only scarier for me. Once  we were upstairs, we walked to the master bedroom which had a bathroom connected to it. The king size bed for two was covered in old grey dust. Max and I were so confused: how can a cottage look so romantic and cute online, but be so cruel in reality?!

I walked in to the bath room and I saw the small shower cabin covered in some old dark red gel like substance. I walked over to the shower cabin and touched and smelled it. It smelled like metal and by the colour and I knew it was blood. Then I started to get really scared. I slowly walked over to the sink and washed my hands. You could hear the water dripping down in the sink, the water felt strangely cold. I went back in the bedroom. Max was gone... I screamed his name really loud but I didn't get a reply. I went down stairs and I saw all my clothes spread all over the floor. My suitcase and Max his belongings were gone. I ran out of the cottage to the beach and the familiar smell of the salty sea came back.

This all happened five years ago.. I went straight back home and informed the police. One week later they found Max, alive and locked up in an abandoned cellar. We never found out what had happened..