THIRTY-TWO

A/N: No excuse for this late chapter. I took on too much to handle in life haha...ha 😧

(unedited)

Today is the one-week getaway trip organized by the company.

The plan was to leave on a monday, bond and learn with those who you'll be working alongside with for the next few years, idols and managers alike, and return on a saturday with a fresh start.

Whether that will happen or not, is up to the people putting themselves through this.

Gene looked over the only suitcase he had packed, making sure everything he needed and the company didn't provide, was all there before zipping it up in satisfaction and handing it over to staff who were packing the two vans.

Whenever he went on trips, he only packed a few outfits and his basic toiletry. Usually, he'll buy anything else he needed.

"Got everything?" Ace asked as he came alongside gene and passed over one large suitcase of his own.

"Hopefully." Replied gene.

Ace chuckled. "Even if you don't, I'm sure Les would have you covered."

Gene glanced at the said man sauntering over and was shocked to see him tugging along three LARGE luggage bags, as if he weren't merely going on a one week trip but moving away for good.

"Why did he bring so much?" Gene asked curiously.

However, he wished he hadn't asked when he heard the answer.

"One suitcase for cosmetics, one for clothes and the other for snacks. But since we are on strict diet regimes, it's unavoidable that he is going to be one bag down." Ace replied casually.

Sure enough, when Les tried to pass off his three bags, the smallest bag was swiftly removed by the manager and thrown to a staff member who quickly ran it inside like a rugby player.

This happened all within a matter of seconds.

Les watched with utter disappointment as his snacks disappeared. He then walked slightly hunched over to where gene and ace stood, complaining along the way.

"It took me all night to pack that bag. I chose all my favourites!" He moaned.

Gene couldn't help himself and laughed. To the younger man who was looking offended by his response, he reached out a hand and pat his shoulder in a weak attempt to reassure.

"Don't worry about it," he said. "I'm sure you can buy more on the way to our destination."

Les paused and shared a glance with ace.

"Cia my man, did no one tell you where we are going?" Les inquired.

Gene tilted his head in confusion and said. "I was told to a resort."

"Lies. We aren't going to a resort...we're going to hell. Where you have to wake early hours in the morning and do exercises that apparently strengthen our bonds with each other." Les shuddered, adding emphasis to his words.

Ace sighed when gene turned to him and raised a questioning brow.

He said, "What Les says is somewhat correct. We are going to a resort but not that kind. Well, you'll see once we get there."

Ace lightly pat genes shoulder before dragging a hunched Les over to the vans and packing him in. Gene sighed and also entered the vans. He had a feeling that this trip wasn't going to be a time to relax and release the tension. However, having his suspicions confirmed made him want to continue sighing throughout the day.