Chapter Two

Spencer heard some muffled voices and started noticing how bright the room he was in, seemed to be  despite his eyes being closed.

"Hey, hey I think he is waking up" Derek said and people, whom he guessed were his team, gathered around him.

"Hey, Spence" JJ said with her usual smile "How are you feeling?"

"I..uh, what happened?" he asked as he started to take a seat. Hospital. For sure, and God, he hated that smell.

"I don't know. You tell us, pretty boy we found you at the street, and if we didn't know you too well, we would have said you were pissed drunk"

Spencer closed his eyes, trying to concentrate and think about what had happened but there was nothing. At all. And that smell... oh gosh that smell was distracting; maybe once he could go home, he could remember a thing or two, but so far, nothing.

"I can't remember a thing"

"Hey guys, I have somewhat bad news...oh-Spence hi! thank god you're awake" Garcia has just stepped into the room "Oh yeah, remember Cat?"

"That psycho girl?"

"Yeah... she was set free just a few moments ago" everyones' faces twisted with suprise and maybe...horror? "here's the catchy part though, a girl that was walking by a park not far from here, just found her body"

"I'm guessing... a case?" Rossi added from across the room.

"Seems like it. I'll go check some papers for Spence's release and we could go to the office"

3:40 am. Something rang a bell inside Spence's mind, he did remember the coffee shop, getting out of there. the message. THE TEXT.

"Hey, Morgan could you pass my phone over please?"

No questions asked, he did as he was told. Spencer fidgeted with his phone searching for the text, the one that invited him to go somewhere, where he couldn't quite remember. Maybe it was a product of his imagination, maybe not. There was nothing, and that made him question if it was even true. 

"Hey Guys?" everyone turned to face the youngest of the team "Do you think you can...leave me alone while Garcia solves the papers? I want to help, I might remember something"

Everyone knew better than to mess with the Doctor's procedures. They all left without a peep.

With his mind focused, lights out and a lot of effort he could remember two things... how Cat seemed more off that before, the gun aiming at him and the horror, how he was scared for his dear life and yeah, how Cat suddenly dropped to the floor.

Suddenly his phone buzzed and lighted up the room. A text. From a private phone number. Two words.

"You're Welcome"

The person behind the message had to be the one that saved him, and he did know that he had to do something about it. Some assassin couldn't just risk it all by dropping hints here and there. Why?