"Terrifying Yet Hot"

Being tired, overworked, and under appreciated was Clarke's specialty. When your boss was a complete idiot with abysmal business skills and absolutely no talent, the work tended to get pushed onto his favorite disgruntled employee. Yet no matter how many times Clarke swore she would quit, a desperate need for money to pay off rent and debt meant she couldn't afford to be unemployed. So, after having to make deliveries for a boss who couldn't be bothered to come into work and having to wake up three hours earlier then normal to cover a sick coworker's shift, Clarke Danvers was not in a good mood. The only thing the tired woman wanted to do was take a quick power nap. Yet even that small luxury was something that wouldn't be to enjoyed.

There was a loud banging on her apartment door. It was an incessant noise that wouldn't let up despite Clarke hoping that ignoring whoever it was would make them give up and leave her to nap in peace. Her bed was so hard to leave, but Clarke rolled out and headed towards the door ready to yell at whoever thought they were more important than sleep.

"You're living life dangerously by coming between me and sleep." Clarke grumbled as she blinked her bleary eyes and tried to figure out who was standing in front of her.

Cece rolled her eyes and grabbed onto the sleep-deprived woman in front of her, pulling her towards the apartment with Jess in tow. "Why did you let the guys talk Jess into going and seeing Spencer? It was a horrible idea and as her other female best friend, it's your job to keep things like this from happening when I'm not around."

"Cece, I've been running deliveries and baking all morning. I have absolutely no idea of what you speak and honestly I'm too tired to listen to explanations." Clarke wobbled closer to Jess, barely hearing a word Cece had uttered. Her head lulled onto Jess' shoulder as she let the other brunette awkwardly drag her along into the apartment.

The trio of women entered the loft: one fuming, the other was still crying, and the last was softly snoring. While Jess was apologetic to the guys about not getting her TV from Spencer, Cece was ready to fight. The Indian women glared at Nick and Schmidt as Jess fell back onto the couch with Clarke curling into her side.

"I mean seriously? You guys told her to call Spencer?" Cece reprimanded the guys. "That is not your job! That is our job." She declared with a gesture between herself and a napping Clarke.

"So what happened?" Nick asked Jess.

She wiped at her tears, spreading around even more of mascara. "He needed a ride to the airport...for his new girlfriend."

"Are you serious?" The guys were taken aback by this. "You gotta be kidding me!"

Clarke adjusted her head so that it was in Jess' lap. "Fuck that guy and his girlfriend." The mumbled words were thick with sleep.

"And I'm supposed to pick her up next Sunday."

Nick shook his head in utter disbelief. "Oh my god, Jess."

"What is wrong with me?" The woman groaned and began playing with Clarke's hair while she slept.

"I know what it is. This guy is your kryptonite. You need to stand up and you need fight him."

"I've tried to fight him, but I'm powerless!" Jess complained to Nick.

He gave her a pointed look, "Because you're not ready to let him go. I think you know that deep down once you get your stuff back it's over, over."

Cece was shocked that such a poignant elevation had been made by the Miller. "I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I agree with Nick."

Clarke tiredly added in her two cents, "That's some sage wisdom, Miller. Impressive."