Painful

~Hey guys, once again no promises for a long chapter! -lokikatie~

Katie's POV

I look into the deep Asgardian sky, trying to see if there is anything but sadness in me. My insides feel empty, devoid of a purpose. The decision to sacrifice yourself for an entire nation of otherworldly beings is a severely strange purpose.  I sigh, thinking about what has happened so far in Asgard. I make a list:

1. I burned people

2. I showed royalty my cold side

3. I went to a ball

4. At the ball, a god proposed

5. I said yes

6. I watched my fiance get taken by a murderous group of people and now I'm going to get him out.

I swallow my tears. It's time to go. I stand up, walking to Thor's house. I knock quietly, careful to not wake the baby.

"Katie, I know what you are going to say. First, I think you should clear some things up before you do," Thor says.

"What?" I ask.

"The Migardians, they are basically your family. Go see them before you do this," Thor pleads, gently grabbing my arm.

"Oh, okay. I will," I say, fingering the ring on my hand.

"Do you need assistance with the Bifrost?"

"I can do it." I hug Thor and walk out. I teleport to the palace, wary of the Anarchy. I tentatively grasp my small bag of items, feeling a vibration in the bag. I freak out a little, and then I realize that my phone is magically working. I look at it, confused. Then, I open the message. It's from Tony.

Where are you?!? Fury is pissed! it reads. I smile at it, then I tap out a response.

I'm coming home!

I laugh quietly, then I teleport to the Bifrost. It is seemingly empty, but then I notice a large body slumped by the entrance.

"Heimdall?" I whisper.

"Yes, I am alive, and I suppose it is Midgard for you," he whispers back. I nod. The bright lightning surrounds me, taking me back to sweet New York.

×*×*×*×*×

I immediately fall right where I land, which happens to be in a puddle. I stand up gently, knowing the gravity is different. I debate on where to go now that I am back in New York. After a couple of minutes, I settle on Stark tower. If Tony isn't there, at least Pepper can help. I focus on a mental image of the living room, and I teleport.

I land  right in the middle of the living room, right in front of Pepper. Her eyes bug out, then she smiles.

"Well, hello there, little miss dissappear," she laughs.

"Hey, Pepper," I grin.

"Oooh, where did you get that? It's pretty!" she says, grabbing my hand.

"Asgard?" I say awkwardly.

"Thor proposed? Wait, no, Loki?" she gasps, surprised. I nod. "Tony is going to die!"

"So is Steve," I say. Just then, Tony walks in.

"Katie Baby! You've returned!" he shrieks.

"In the flesh," I say, hugging him.

"She's got a surprise!" Pepper grins.

"You're getting married?" Tony questions.

"Um, yes," I smile, feeling tears coming on.

"No need to cry, it's just me," Tony says.

"No it's not you, it's Asgard," I say, trying to leave it at that.

"Oh, okay. But we gotta tell everyone you're back!" Tony shrieks again. I smile and he grabs my arm. I picture the helicarrier,  and we teleport.

×*×*×*×*×