2

Marinette looked out her window and sighed as she watched the wedding of Ivan god of blacksmiths and Mylene goddess of hearth take place. They looked so happy together, their auras were glowing brighter than any star in the sky due to their love and happiness. Poor Marinette couldn't help but wonder why she couldn't feel such joy?

From the moment she was born Marinette's mother loved her instantly but the girl was so beautiful even at birth that Sabine feared that when she was older a man would fall in love her and take her away. So she was always by her side watching over her or keeping her in her temple which was magically protected. When her daughter was a child Sabine had no worries but when Marinette became a young woman her beauty grew to surpass all including Chloe's and it attracted many suitors.

Mortals and gods alike came to court her but her mother would chase them all away. Granted not all of her suitors were befitting. For instance one of her first few suitors was Kim god of war. A brave and hardcore young man always dressed in armor and carrying weapons who jumped at the chance to fight but he was gruff and mean. Everywhere he went bloodshed followed, the thought of marrying such a violent brute of a man both frightened and disgusted her. Her dislike for him grew further when he was discovered in bed with Chloe.

Another godly suitor was Nathaniel god of art. He was a shy, sensitive, and kind man with red hair and a passion for art. He considered Marinette his muse and would often send her beautiful pieces of artwork and painted many portraits of her. He might have made a suitable husband if Sabine didn't shoo him off like she did with the others.

"It's not fair." Marinette said to her faithful companion Tikki. "Why must Mother keep me to herself? Why can't I have someone else love me?"

"Your mother means well." Tikki said. "She just doesn't want to lose you. Be patient, In time you will marry."

"When? My mother refuses to let any man even me except my father."

"I'm sure she'll come around."

Just then a chariot flew in, getting off of it was a woman with audburn hair and hazel eyes wearing a brown dress with leaves and vines around her arms and legs. At her side are a few animals. She is Alya goddess of the hunt and wild also Marinette's best friend.

"Hey girl, what's up?"

"Ivan and Mylene got married today." She sighed.

"So? Isn't that a happy thing?"

"Yes but it reminded me of how Mother refuses to let me fall in love and get married."

"Well who needs men? They're liars and tricksters. Animals are much more comforting." With that said the animals began nuzzling her which she found annoying at the moment. "Yes, yes, I love you too but not now."

"Alya not everyone wants to be an unmarried virgin goddess forever. Speaking of which have you had any suitors?"

"Yes but the worst is Nino god of wine and festivities. He's asked for my hand I don't know how many times and I keep telling him that I refuse to marry."

"But he's so nice."

"I don't care, my place is in the forest surrounded by the trees and the wind and the- Mmmph." A squirrel had kissed her. "How many times have I told you animals, not when I'm talking with other gods?! I swear if I wasn't a vegetarian!"

Marinette giggled as she struggled to get the animals off her. Just then a hawk flew in, perched on her shoulder, and whispered something to her.

"Look I gotta go. I hear some creep has been spying on me while I bathe so I'm gonna set a little trap for him."