3

Adrien watched as Marinette slept on the bed he placed her on.

"So beautiful." He sighed. Adrien began stroking her hair and gazing at her parted lips which were like rose buds. He couldn't help himself, leaned down and kissed her lips.

"Kid are you sure about this?" Plagg asked.

"Be quiet. You'll wake her." Adrien whispered. "No one is to disturb her when she sleeps."

"And what exactly do you think she'll do when she wakes up? You think she'll be happy about being kidnapped?"

"I didn't want to do it but Father said there was no other way."

He looked over to see Marinette starting to wake up.

"Plagg leave us." Adrien ordered.

Plagg left the room, Marinette woke up to see herself in a magnificent bedroom which amazed her but she backed away in fear when she saw Adrien.

"Please don't be afraid." Adrien said. "I won't harm you."

"Who are you?"

"My name is Adrien, I am the god of death and destruction." He gently took her hand and kissed."And your husband."

"Husband?"

"Yes, Marinette I brought you here because I love you and I want to make you my wife."

"Wife?"

"If you marry me I promise to love and cherish always."

"No!" She said pulling her hand away. "How dare you! You have stolen me from my mother!  How could I possibly marry a man who's forced me here against my will! That is not love!"

"I beg your forgiveness. My father said the only way to make you my wife was to bring you here."

"I demand that you return me home at once!"

"I can't, If I were to send you back now I would never see you again and I know I would die without you."

"But you cannot keep me here forever!"

"I don't intend to, I just plan to keep you here for awhile so that I may court you. When enough time passes and if you still wish to leave then I'll return you."

"You can't be serious."

"I am but I promise you that while you stay you will live like a princess, I'll give you anything you desire and obey any command."

"All I want is for you to leave me alone."

"As you wish."

He left her room and Marinette began to cry. Tikki who had been hiding flew to comfort her mistress.

"It will be okay Marinette but at least he won't hurt you."

"But now I must stay here alone in this dark world." She sobbed. "I hate the dark! And I hate him! I'll never marry him! I would rather die!"

Tikki couldn't bear to watch Marinette suffer, poor Adrien couldn't bear it either but it was the only way. 

During the first few months she never left her room so food and drink was brought for her. Her meals were always cooked to perfection and tasted wonderful.  Every morning a soothing bath was started for her by Adrien's servants and they would bring her new gowns and jewels for her to wear and books to amuse herself with though she liked them they weren't enough to sway her heart. She never spoke to Adrien and she couldn't bring himself to look at him.