chapter 38

It was new year's Eve and what would be better than a goddamn firework? Right, a fucking huge and colorful firework! Without Joker and the henchmen I planned a great way to welcome a new year. I choose a building, stole and bought TNT, grenades, bombs and fireworks and prepared the building. Which building I choose? The GCPD! I could see the perfect firework with a damn bonus... We'd get rid of the police and hopefully Commissioner Gordon.

It was almost 11pm and I still tried to convince J to join me, but he wasn't in the mood... If he would know what was about to happen. "Please Mistah J! I'm begging you! Please join me!" "Alex, please..." C'mon J! I got you a surprise! You'll love it!" "What surprise?" "Oh dummy! I can't tell you, that's why it's called surprise. Please Joker!" "Okay, okay. Just because I'm curious!" I smiled widely...

I drove to the damaged building which was called Wayne towers. Earlier that day I set up a small picknick with alcohol, steaks and other food and something to eat for Ripper. Soon we heard the people counting.
    10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...
                  BOOOOOOOM
A huge and massive explosion let the buildings shake. A huge red, yellow and orange cloud of ash and rubble went straight up to the sky. The fireworks I set up turned the dark sky into a colorful demise. The people in the streets screamed and ran for their lifes, a few ran away and a few ran to the GCPD to help. Burning people stumbled out of the destroyed building. Chaos, fire and death laid its shadow on the city. I looked at J, seeing joy in his face. "Did I promised too much?" "You did this alone?" "Yes! Know they definitely know that they can't play with us." He petted me and watched the city slowly breaking down. "Good job Alex." Suddenly he jumped up and smiled at me. "I have an idea!" He pulled me up on my feet and dragged me down to the car. He opened the trunk, revealing mashine guns. "Wanna play?" I nodded laughing and grabbed a gun. We ran down the street towards the GCPD and began to shoot at the police officers.