chapter 44

A few hours ago I had the 3rd trip for today. The effects of Scarecrow's injection began to get lesser and my head became normal again, without any hallucinations or the feeling of floating around. My body eased up again and my eyes got used to the darkness of this room. For a moment I could enjoy the silence around me before I startled by the really loud sounds of weapons and voices. "He's coming!" CeVe repeated. I haven't heard her for weeks! "Gosh CeVe! I thought you were gone!" "Noooo! I wouldn't go just like this!" CeVe laughed. I thought about what CeVe said. He's coming. I heard my name several times and started to scream. "I'm here! Brad! Joker!" I couldn't help and started to laugh like a maniac. "Find her!" Joker's voice sent chills down my body. "J! Babe I'm here!" What if this was still a hallucination? What if J wasn't looking for me? Tears of happiness and disappointment rolled down my face. Suddenly I heard a ticking noise. I tried to figure out what it was. Baaaaamm! The metal door of my tiny room was blown away. Thick and black smoke filled my lungs. I coughed and pressed my eyes closed. "Alex!?" I heard Brad's voice. "Brad! Here!" A black creature appeared in front of me. "Boss! I found her!" Brad yelled before he bent down. "Everything's fine Boss Lady! I'll cut the duct tape now." He said petting my cheek. "Please hurry up Brad...." I felt the cold blade of his jackknife on my hand and ankles. I tried to stand up but almost fell back in the chair. Brad helped me to balance myself and we made our way to the hallway. Brad handed me a gun as we went down the corridor. "I'll bring you out of here." I nodded and started to shoot at Scarecrow's henchmen.
        Brad kicked an old rusty door open and immediately I looked at the stars in the sky. I'm free.... He brought me to the all too familiar white van. I sat down on the edge and inhaled the fresh air. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the cold wind on my skin. "Alex!" I opened my eyes and stared at J. "Babe!" I stood up and hugged him.