{Chapter 9}

Author's POV

Katelyn walked down the stairs to the grand dining room slowly, careful not to step on the hem of her dress. As she entered the room her mother stared at her intently watching her every move.

"Katelyn dear, why don't you come with me to welcome our guests," Queen Eliza said. Katelyn nodded and walked towards the entry way.

A man and a woman emerged through the doorway accompanied by two guards and three children.

"Garte, Zianna! So glad you could make it," Queen Eliza said joyfully,"I see you brought your sons with you!" Katelyn curtsied politely.

                               Katelyn's POV

"Greeting," I said through gritted teeth,"I'm Princess Katelyn, it's a pleasure to meet you all." My mother smiled at me reminding me to keep acting.

"My my Eliza. Is this you daughter? She is quite the beauty!" Zianna said looking me over,"Who is she betrothed to? If only my sons could have such a girl as yours." I remained smiling waiting till this day was over.

"Jeffory of Enski," my mother responded,"Though I heard your eldest, Garroth, is already betrothed! What about the other two? Zane and Vylad was it?" Zianna laughed.

"I heard from a girlfriend that Jeffory is a total charmer," Zianna said giving me a reassuring look. I kept my smile plastered on my face. We moved into the dining hall and sat down to eat.

"So Katelyn how does it feel to be a princess now?" a voice asked me. I turned to my side to see a blonde haired boy with bright blue eyes.

"My apologies, I haven't formally introduced myself, I'm Garroth it's a pleasure," Garroth said. I smiled politely.

"It's, um, the pleasure is all mine," I replied trying to sound as formal as possible. Garroth looked at me with a flicker of sadness in his eyes.

"You'll grow to love him, I'm betrothed myself. I don't know the girl. But it's what's best for my family," Garroth said sadly,"And from what I heard, Jeffory is a real gentleman." I laughed lightly, grateful that someone knew how I felt.

"Thanks Garroth," I said thoroughly thankful. He smiled in response and went back to his food. I sighed and continued to push around my food but caught stare of my mother glaring at me coldly and stood up straight and put a fake smile on to cover my emotions.

"This is how it'll be like from now on, hiding my true emotions and how I feel," I thought to myself and let out a sigh glancing around my surroundings of my new life.

Word Count: 438