{Chapter 10}

Katelyn's POV

"Goodbye!" I said waving politely as the Ro'meave family left my new home. I let down my smile and relaxed.

"You did well my darling Katelyn," my mother said. I stared blankly at her.

"What do I do now?" I asked her shifting in my bulky dress.

"Tomorrow you will receive a list that'll state all the activities that will occur that day," my mother said. I sighed and nodded.

"I'll be going to my room now," I replied not wanting to put up a fight today. She smiled sweetly at me and watched me walk towards my room.

"What am I even supposed to do with my life now. Be a delicate princess, guarded at all times, married?" I said in disbelief to myself. I sighed and walked into my room. I combed out my hair and changed into a pair of pajamas and collapsed in bed hoping this was just a nightmare.

The Next Day

"Come in," I said warily as I heard a knock on my door. I watched the door open from my bed as a girl with burgundy hair and grey eyes stepped forward.

"Hello! I am Nicole the royal advisor. I'm here to tend to your every need and heed your every decision," she said and bowed gracefully.

"Um, ok?" I said not knowing what to do.

"Don't be shy, all the people here are pretty friendly once you get to know them, except maybe Lucinda. She takes awhile to warm up to," Nicole laughed,"I'm here to tell you that you'll be heading to Countess Lucinda's for lessons in a few minutes. I'll have Kiki come in and get you ready." I nodded and Nicole left to her next duty. Kiki came in a few seconds later smiling at me and picking out a navy blue and white dress for me to wear and tied my hair up in a bun.

"Thank you!" I said and Kiki bowed and left. I stared down at a piece of paper Nicole had given me that stated what all my events I had to do today.

"Lessons with Lucinda, fencing with Laurence, city tour, lessons, dinner with the Ro'meaves, retire to bed," I read off the list and sighed.

"Today's going to be busy," I thought to myself and headed towards the door to start the day.

Word Count: 396