Chapter 2: Aunt Tara

When she saw me, she was slowly curling her lips into a smile. She tilted her head, almost like making sure it was really me. She started to walk toward me and hugged me once she was close enough. We hugged for at least a minute and to be honest I could have hugged her for 10 more minutes!

"Did Lilly have another daughter?" Rick asked.

"No, she's my oldest sister's daughter, her name was Ellie." Tara added.

"You should live in the same house as me." Tara responded with a smile.

" She does." Glenn added.

Nothing really changed that night, obviously it was different, but we all acted normal. We still talked and laughed. I spent a lot of time with Aunt Tara that night. She told me what happened to Lilly and Meghan. We told each other about both sad and happy things before and after the outbreak started. After it got dark, people headed home. I walked home with Tara, Glenn, and Maggie. Everyone headed up to their rooms. Tara's room was right across from mine which was comforting.

I opened my door and walked in, closing it at the same time. I took off my nasty sneakers, and decided to change into pajamas. I decided to wear a pair of Maggie's black sweatpants and one of Rosita's white shirts. I laid in my bed trying to fall asleep. I realized that I couldn't sleep, and probably was not going to for a while. So, I decided to head downstairs to get a drink of water and possibly a snack. I rubbed my eyes, not looking if anyone was up. I started to get a drink of water when I noticed Glenn sitting on the couch. He got up and ran his hand through his hair.

"Can't sleep?" Glenn questioned.

" Yeah, you?" I asked back.

"Same." He responded.

It was awkward, just us. I had a tiny little crush on him because he seemed really nice and he was really hot. He nodded to me out of awkwardness. He started to walk away when he saw Maggie come down the stairs. I smiled towards her. She looked at me in disgust, almost like she thought something weird happened between me and Glenn. I kept repeating in my head that he was taken and he was with Maggie as I walked to my room.

I kept thinking about Glenn in my room. I took a Melatonin, just to get some sleep. I don't remember when, but I must have fallen asleep.

I woke up sometime around 9, and put on my glasses. I laid in my bed for a while until I practically forced myself to get up.I walked down the wood stairs holding onto the rail. I saw Rick on the couch talking to Tara and Rosita. Carl walked out from the kitchen feeding Judith a bottle.

"Rick, what are you doing here?" I asked furrowing my brows.

"Well, you need a job in this community. Deanna, the old leader, used to do this too. How about supply running with Tara, Glenn, and a few others?" He said with a grin.

"Yeah, I could also help people when they're hurt because I was a nursing student before. Not much, but with Denise and Pete gone, it might help" I added.

"Okay well, that seems like a good idea. Let's have some breakfast. Carl just made some bacon out of deer meat and eggs with cheese sprinkled on top." Glenn said.

We all headed over to the table and got a plate of food. A couple others walked in, Daryl, Carol, Maggie, Abraham, Eugene, Michonne and more. Shockingly the "deer bacon" was really good. I still couldn't believe there was a farm of chickens, pigs, and cows, even goats. I drank my milk and finished my bacon and eggs. After that, I ran upstairs to get ready. I went into the bathroom and took a somewhat quick shower. Letting the water hit my skin gently. Brushed out my hair and put into braids. I brushed my teeth with a minty Crest toothpaste. I put on a tiny bit of concealer and blended it in. I put on some matte eyeshadow, blush, and mascara just to make me look a bit more put together.

I put on a blue crop top, boyfriend jeans, and as usual some Adidas. I went over to the nightstand and took my phone. My Iphone 4 had about 17% left, so I plugged it in, still not used to the positive benefits of Alexandria. My phone was in my hands as I looked at pictures and all the old things like games from before. I sat down by my desk and sketched in my art book. I ended up sketching Glenn, with his flowy, dark, black hair. I heard a knock on my door and immediately closed the book. It was Abraham, the one who was training me to become a better fighter.

"Tara, she's leaving to look for more survivors with Heath. She wanted to say goodbye." He said awkwardly.

We walked out towards the gate and I saw Tara. Her hair was pulled back and she was wearing a blue and black plaid shirt over a gray tank top. We hugged and I didn't want to let go. But, I had to. Heath, who was going with her, was in the driver's seat of the R.V. that she was going to be getting in. He had dreadlocks pulled back into a ponytail. He was getting out, grabbing the luggage from Daryl's hands. She opened the door and got in the R.V. She took off her bracelet and handed it to me right before they left. She opened the window and waved saying goodbye, just as they opened the gates and left. I held the bracelet tightly in my hand as I waved goodbye.

Please follow to get updates of when my stories come out! Thanks!