Chapter 5: Funeral

I ran outside killing the walkers one by one. I shot some in the head with my Glock 19 and some with my knife. I heard someone grunt with a loud thud. It was Glenn with a walker on top of him, even more surrounding him. I killed one and then sprinted to Glenn who was struggling to keep the walker from sinking their teeth in him. I shot the ones surrounding him, then plunged the knife into the one on the top of him. He smiled at me as I helped him up. I felt my body on the chilly concrete. Something groaning until the weight from it was off of me. Glenn killed it, it was a walker, spraying blood on my neck. I was too distracted by Glenn and it must have pulled me down. We eventually killed all of the biters. It left us exhausted, ready to be home and rest.

Rick and everyone else packed up our stuff, to head back home. Home, to Alexandria. Everyone was tired and exhausted from the recent nights. I volunteered to drive, the road was empty, no traffic like before, so it was easy, but long. Well, I guess it was easyish, considering I had never driven. I had just turned 17, the legal age was 18 in my state, then the apocalypse happened, it kind of got in the way of having a license. Someone tapped me on the shoulder, it was my crush, my soul mate, Glenn. He smiled before sitting down in the passenger's seat.

"I'm still really sorry for what I did, it was completely out of place." He commented.

"No, no, anytime." I responded realizing how awkward that sounded as it came out of my mouth.

He chuckled. I looked over at him and smiled. We ended up talking about everything in our lives, family, life, any events from before or after the world went to shit. He told me about his oldest sister Wendy, and how I had a similar personality as her. It felt like we were talking for hours, yet it was only minutes. We soon arrived at the destination and got out to unpack. Eric and Gabriel were on watch, Enid opened the gate and gave Carl a kiss, and then hugged Glenn. Tara was back without Heath, saying she knows nothing of where he is. We hugged as I cried tears of joy onto her red flannel.

Eric came down as he had a confused look on his face and then a sad look of disappointment. Eric went to Rick for comfort, he muttered some words and then Eric went to his house.Gabriel came down and went to see Rick. He muttered words to Gabriel as he nodded back. We all went to the church, and told everyone to be there for an announcement.

"We are going to have a funeral tonight, at seven. Don't dare to be late." He shouted to the entire community that was in the church.

I went to the house with Tara, Glenn, and Maggie. I decided to go up to my room to unpack all of my clothes. It had been a long couple of days, I needed to relax. I checked the clock above my bed, I had a little over 2 hours to get ready. I took a much needed shower. The water was hot on my skin, letting the water soak my hair and lathering shampoo and conditioner in my hair. I got out and brushed out my ratty hair. Scrubbing my teeth with toothpaste as well.

I let my hair stay down, to try to look nice and respectful. I put on a full face of makeup, from mascara, to foundation, to highlight, I had it all. I grabbed the nicest thing I could find that was black, a black shirt, black flannel, and some nice black jeans. I took a look into the mirror at my vanity, I honestly couldn't recognize myself. I sat down and began to draw Abe and Aaron for the funeral. Rick personally asked me if I would, and of course I said yes. A knock on my door took me away from my mindset. I was expecting to see Glenn, but instead it was Eric.

"May I have the drawing after the funeral? It would mean a lot, would you please?" He asked me quite nervous.

"Um, yeah sure, Sasha asked the same thing, I see your point." I responded.

He left as I finished by adding the color to Abraham's hair. I signed them with my initials in the corner and then wrote down their names and what year they were born in and now, 2019. "Abraham ford, 1972-2019." Then, Aaron Raleigh, 1991-2019. A tear shed down my face as I wiped it away as fast as I could. Tara opened the door and nodded her head. I stood up and took the artwork with me. We were in the yard of the church. I saw 2 crosses with dirt under them. Everyone was there from the community, except Rosita. First, Rick welcomed us and then Eric spoke holding flowers and the piece of art, standing the artwork up. He told everything from how they were happy and good. His talk was brief because he began to cry, but it was powerful. He laid the roses on the dirt and kissed the cross. Next was Sasha, she said they were not officially together, but they were becoming very close.

She shed a tear after talking for about 10 minutes and then sat down with the drawing. We had a few more people speak until Rick excused the town. I left after cleaning up with Rick. I cried as I walked back to the house. I got in my room and closed my door behind me. I felt someone grab me and pull me onto them. They kissed me with passion as they pushed me onto the bed undressing me. They were kissing me with a very recognizable feeling. It must have been Glenn. I closed my eyes and pulled him even closer. A couple things lead to another. All of a sudden the lights were turned on, Maggie was standing in the doorway looking at me and Glenn.