A Letter

I walked out of the class in a rush. My heart was beating fast. I didn't like the way Mr. Thomas stared at me, like he wanted to kill me in my sleep. Maybe he did want to kill me in my sleep. Maybe he was going to kidnap and torture me with sharp things. Maybe... stop. I'm just being paranoid.

He was probably was like that all the time, but didn't mean it. Somewhere deep in my brain told me that this was not true. There was something off about him. It scared me to death.

All of a sudden I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turned fast, afraid it was Mr. T. I let out a sigh of relief when I figured out it was just the boy who sat next to me during English class. Feeling my face flush, I asked the boy what he wanted. He held up his hands, as if to gesture no harm.

" Hey, I just wanted to welcome you to our school. We don't get very newcomers" He said while rubbing the back of his neck, as If he was nervous. Why would he be nervous?

" I figured" I said while remembering the stares directed at me everywhere I went. Then suddenly I blushed again realizing how forward I was with this boy. What made him different?

He smiled big and let out a huge laugh. I smiled at this. He seemed so real. I needed to ask him a serious question though, so I forgot how shy I was for one moment and become someone I never thought I could be.

" Is Mr. Thomas always like that?" My heart beat was accelerating. I desperately wanted the answer to be yes. I know I am being silly, but... I am an anxious person. I couldn't let anything else happen to my family.

" Like what?" his expression held a look of confusion.

"I don't know, like.." I didn't know how to explain it." creepy"

All of a sudden his eyes got wide as if he remembered something.

" I did notice that he wasn't acting his normal calm self. He for once showed emotion" He said.

"Did you notice anything else?" I was referring to the predator staring. Maybe it was just my imagination.

" I did notice him looking at you quite often, but I'm guessing he was just tying to impress you, since, you know, you are a new student and everything" He said." Like I said, we don't get any new people around here"

I sighed in relief. That's probably all it was. My heart was telling me a completely different thing, but I ignored it.

" By the way, I'm Harrison" He said while smiling. He sure was cute. How was I talking to him like I've known him all my life? Maybe I was changing. I hope I was changing.

" Oh.. I'm Taylor" I said while lifting my hand to shake his. For once my hand was not shaking. He felt warm and safe.

" Well nice meeting you" he said. I said something similar to him. He turned around and walked in the other direction and turned to wave. I waved back, feeling really giddy.

I turned around and gasped at what I saw. Mr. Thomas was standing outside his door staring daggers at where Harrison and I were standing. But now since Harrison was gone, he only had that burning passion directed towards me. I dropped my eyes on the floor and walked to the front parking lot all the way feeling eyes on my back. A chill ran up my spine. He was odd.. and scary. The way he was staring at me made me feel like Harrison's accusations were not correct.

When I got to the front of the school I tried to spot my brother Nate somewhere. I noticed him with the popular group laughing like he just heard the funniest thing in the world and Amber, who was hanging on his arm. The other girl, Kim, would have been better. I didn't like Amber hanging on my sibling like he was her territory. It sickened me. I knew I had to walk up to the group to tell Nate we had to go, but I was scared. My nerves spiked up as I walked toward the group. How could he do this to me?