First Sitting

This story one of the collection. This story will have chapters. 

~~~~~~~

Drip, drip, drip, drip.

The sound of water droplets hitting a larger source of water was the only sound that was heard. Well, along with some soft snoring. The large orange-red fox was sleeping comfortably within his jinchuuriki. It's been some years after the war and everything was going well. And by well, one should know that 'well' is be the fox's point of view. Since he's been sleeping happy and has not been bothered. Though, he does have some pent up energy.

An ear twitched. There was a sound in the resting place of the fox. But, he wasn't alarmed. It was the sound of footsteps. Cracking an eye open, Kurama watched as his host walked out of the darkness. Naruto didn't visit as much as he used too. Not that the Bijuu was complaining. It only meant that he could sleep a lot more. But, how much more is the question. Since Kurama can sleep for months straight. The steps stopped and now Kurama had both his eyes open.

"It's been a while, hasn't it?"

The older blonde said as he chuckled. Kurama hummed, It's nice to have Naruto come once in awhile. The fox was a little bored. And he didn't know much of what his jinchuriki was doing. He did know that Naruto had two kids. Which didn't really surprise the fox, he knew Naruto would have kids at some point in life. The fox nodded lazily, sleep still in his eyes.

"Indeed."

Kurama's deep voice was a low tone, he blinked and yawned. Naruto blinked in confusion for a moment, then chuckled loudly. Knowing he probably woke the bijuu up.

"Sleeping again? You've slept for at least two months, ya know."

Naruto said as he walked to the fox's large snout. He was used to kurama sleeping, so it wasn't too much of a surprise. The rather large fox lowered he snout onto his hand like paws. Naruto raised his hand and petted the fox's snout. Kurama closed his eyes and let a soft noise leave his throat. A purr. Kurama secretly liked being petted.

"So, what brings you here? You hardly visit. Not that I'm complaining."

The fox did wonder what had brought Naruto here. As for the said ninja, he needed something. Something important. And he had looked elsewhere, but to no luck. So, he was forced with his last option. And he knew it wasn't something Kurama would be happy about.

"Need a favor from you."

This caught the fox's attention. A favor? Well what could Naruto need? If it was chakra, then Kurama can understand. But, he didn't sense a threat anywhere. A title of the head told the ninja that he was listening. And with a nod, the ninja said something that caused Kurama eyes to slightly widen.

"I need you to babysit me kids for today."

The request was something the fox didn't expect and he was taken aback by it. The shock of the request cause Kurama lift his head off his paws. Why would Naruto ask him to babysit? Didn't he have friends that could do this? Kurama knew that babysitting wasn't in his job description of being a Bijuu. Did Bijuu have job descriptions? Well, no matter. Babysitting is something the fox wasn't going to do and come hell or high water, kurama is not babysitting.

"No."

Naruto's high hope face fell as he heard kurama's answer. He should've all really known what Kurama was going to say, but he want to give himself a bit of hope. All of his friends were either out of the village on missions or too busy. So, he was literally out of options. Kurama was the only one left.

"I'm literally out of options. You're the only one left. And before you even pull the 'I'm seal inside you, you idiot.' card, I've newly discovered a Jutsu that will allow you to manifest yourself outside of the seal. But only a small amount of your chakra can be let out. "

Kurama blinked, then grumbled darkly. He was impressed that Naruto had shredded his trump card like Kunai and Shuriken threw paper, but the tone of his jinchuuriki's voice. Naruto was dead serious. Great was the fox's bitter thought. He couldn't wiggle his way out of this. But, that didn't mean he couldn't be an ass about it.

"I'll only do it, but on one condition."

Naruto narrowed his eyes and did the fox. A condition? Knowing this fox, he had something up his tails. But, Naruto really needs a babysitter and all other options are no-goes. So, he has to get Kurama to agree. And so, Naruto was going to agree to what Kurama wanted. No matter what the condition is.

"I'll babysit but, you have to let me out of the seal more often. And you have to cut down on the raman. And convince your wife to buy Prime Rib. I haven't have some in a while and I'm dying for it."

Naruto sighed and closed his eyes. Yes, Naruto did want to take the condition right then and there. But, at the same time he was a bit nervous. Not about Kurama babysitting his kids. Ok, maybe he should be a bit worried about that. But, what had Naruto's nerves rattled was what if someone say Kurama out? The ninja hasn't told anyone else about the jutsu he had learned and what If someone saw Kurama and they thought of the worst? And he had to bring roman into the situation. Naruto still loves roman, but he didn't eat as much. But many have told him to cut down. He still eats a lot. And Prime Rib. Well Naruto does know that Kurama has expensive taste for meats.

"We have a deal, but on my condition. You and the kids have to stay inside, period."

Kurama can tell by Naruto's voice that he was serious. And Kurama knew that when Naruto was serious, he was dead serious. And he means DEAD serious, almost beyond dead serious, but this does involve Naruto's kids. With a sigh and a nod, Kurama knew that If he wanted he's part of the deal to go through, he had to accept what Naruto wanted. A flick of his ears was the sign that Kurama had accepted Naruto's half of the deal. laying his head on his paws again, he felt Naruto lean into his snort.

"Thanks, Kurama. You really saved me."

~~~~~~~~

Kurama blinked. The sudden bright lights were blinding, causing Kurama's eyes to hurt. Naruto had performed the jutsu and Kurama was now out of the seal. Well not fully out. He could still feel most of his chakra in Naruto. So, the jutsu did only let a small amount of chakra out. Kurama also noticed something, he could still feel Naruto's presence. A title of the head and Naruto hummed.

"I think a Jinchuuriki came up with this Jutsu. It would explain why the Jutsu let's the Bijuu out and the Jinchuuriki isn't dead."

Naruto said as he patted Kurama's head. Thinking that the hum from the fox was him wondering how the Jutsu worked. But, Kurama was too focus on adjusting to the light and the new scents too listen. Once he was finally adjusted, he turned his head looking. The house was a bit plain, but it was nice. Kurama noticed a TV and a couch so, he knows he's in the living room.

"Are the lights naturally this bright?"

The question something Naruto didn't expect to hear Kurama say. But, he knows that Kurama isn't able to leave the seal without kill him. Well, that is until now. So, with a smile and patting Kurama's head, Naruto chuckled. A shake and growl from the fox told Naruto the Kurama didn't like being made fun of.

"Just let your eyes adjust. You'll be fine."

As If the fox wasn't didn't do that already. With a sigh, Kurama stood, not even realizing that he was sitting and walked around sniffing. The scents were strange, yet familiar. Like, there's the scents of new furniture and cleaning produces. But, at the same time Naruto and his family's scent was everywhere. It's like a strange, yet pleasing mix of old and familiar with new and undiscovered. Kurama has seen Naruto's house throw his connection with him via the seal, but he's never actually walked inside. Until now that is and he's very interested in the different scents. And well, the urge to pee on the furniture was strong. Kurama normally marked anything and everything that he saw was his, it's an instinct for when he was just a kit. But, Naruto may not be too happy if Kurama peed in his house.

Long ears pricked up when the sounds of footfalls on the stairs were heard. While still stiffing the room and very crevice it had to offer, Kurama listened as he presumed were the two little kids running down the stairs. How bad can it be watching to little kids for a day? Surely Kurama would be able to keep these two in line. Honestly how bad can they be?