An Easy Sitting (Oneshot)

It's been at least a month since Kurama had babysat the two kids. And now he was sleeping inside his jinchuuriki once again. The fox's snores filled the large sewer like place. He was having the nicest nap he had since babysitting the kids. Kurama was always happy that Naruto kept his promise. Though, it took a month for Naruto to convince his wife to buy it. It was an expensive meat, so it was understandable. And one couldn't have seen the amount of drool the fox's mouth produced as his jinchuuriki ate the Prime Rib. Kurama could taste the perfectly seasoned meat and oh, he was in heaven. Now the fox had a belly full of meat and was napping.

His ears twitched. He heard footsteps. Opening one eye and looking around, he saw Naruto walking to him. He didn't know what Naruto was doing, but with both having bellies full of Prime Rib, Kurama didn't really think Naruto would be asking him to do anything really. So, the fox didn't expect what Naruto had asked him. And man the fox had one big deadpanned face.

"Y-Y-You're serious? Really?"

Naruto only nodded. And Kurama felt like crying. He didn't want to babysit the two kids again. Why? Not cause the fox didn't like the kids, Kurama was just a old fox, who wanted to nap! Yes, the fox was being selfish, but that was normal of the beast. but, of course Naruto had a few tricks up his sleeves. But, at the same time Naruto didn't want to force the fox into babysitting. But at the same time, Naruto's kids seemed to like Kurama more than the other babysitters they've had. Naruto didn't know why, but he wasn't going to complain. If his kids like the fox then he'll ask.

"Come on, I know you don't want to. But, my kids really like you."

Kurama sighed. Now he knew that the kids would be asking for him, if they were to be babysat. Oh yay. How was the fox going to wiggle his way out of this one? He probably couldn't, but he'll try. Although, Kurama was tired. So, after thinking for a bit, Kurama decided to not fight his jinchuuriki about it. He'll just suffer through this babysit. How bad can the kids be, now?

"Fine. But, you owe me a bigger time then last."

Naruto smiled. He was glad that Kurama would babysit his kids again. And this time the two didn't argue about it. Naruto was already thinking of ways to repay the fox. He was surprised the best didn't fight him like he normally did, but now's not the time to worry about it. He got his kids a sitter, so he wouldn't have to worry about them for a while.

"Also to let you know, Boruto hasn't been feeling well for a few days. So, the house will probably be quiet."

----------

And this is how the fox ended up on the couch with Boruto curled up on his tails. The boy must have caught a cold or something because he was tired, cold, and had threw up once. So, now the child slept on the Bijuu's tails, using them as a pillow as he had a blanket wrapped around him. The fox gave a half snort half sigh. Well, Naruto was right, the house was quiet.

Hinata had taken Himawari on a play date with some other kids. And since Boruto was still very young and sick, he need a sitter. So, Kurama was to watch the boy for a few hours. Though, Kurama knew that Naruto was good at being late and so he expected that he would watching the boy for a while. Kurama placed his head back on his crossed arms as watched TV. he was very bored and had nothing to do. All the fox had was the TV and the soft noise of Boruto's snores.

The fox's eye wandered around the room. It was plain, but not bad. But, Kurama was bored and the TV wasn't helping. And he couldn't move since Boruto was sleeping. So, what was the best thing this fox could do? Sleep! But, one problem, Kurama wasn't tired. So, he was in a pickle. The fox's ears perked up as he felt movement. Looking in the boy's decoration, Kurama saw that he had moved off his tails. Kurama sighed and jumped off the couch. He needed to stretch his legs and some fresh air would be nice. The boy was still sleeping and Kurama quietly left the living room.

The fox knew there was large front yard. And it was fenced in, so along as Kurama was small then the fence, no one would see him. The fox's nails gently clicked clacked on the floor, but he didn't care. Kurama knew he was in front of the front door, when his face ran into it. Yeah, the fox wasn't paying attention to where he was going. Kurama opened the door as he rubbed his nose.

"Ow, that hurt."

The fox grumbled as he stepped outside and closed the door. The beast was outside. Something Kurama didn't expect himself to do was walk off the porch and onto the grass. It's been years since he felt grass under his hands and feet. And the fox was enjoying the feeling of the blades of green planet matter under him. Kurama was actually kneading the grass, just like a cat. The fox's back was even stretched out. Oh the grass felt so good under him. Kurama stopped kneading and had rolled onto his back, rubbing his scent on the grass. The fox halted what he was doing and rolled back onto his legs. He had to go back inside soon, the boy could wake up or he could be seen. So, with a whine like exhale through his nose, Kurama went back inside.

Once inside, Kurama shook himself. Grass and dirty fell off the fox. Kurama walked back to the living room and found that Boruto was still sleeping. But, he must have rolled around, cause his blanket was halfway off the couch. The fox chuckled at this. Naruto rolled around in his sleep when he was young and Kurama wasn't suprised that may have been inherited to his jinchuuriki kids. Walking to the furniture the boy lay on, Kurama pulled the blanket over the boy and jumped back onto the couch. Boruto's blue eyes blinked as he woke up. Kurama just shook his head.

"Kurama? Where's mom and dad?"

Boruto asks as he sits himself up. He was rubbing the sleep out of his eyes and yawned. Kurama, curled his tails around himself as he snorted. Of course, the boy didn't know and the beast was hoping the boy would sleep until one of his parents came home. So, better get on with it.

"Your dad is having an emergency meeting at the Hokage tower and your mom took your sister out on a play date. So, I was asked to look after you until one of them comes home."

Kurama told the boy as he wiggled his ears. He was stretching his ears out of boredom. Boruto nodded and yawned again. He was tired, but didn't want to go back to sleep. And honestly, Kurama wasn't going to force the boy either. He saw that the boy was awake and getting him to go back to sleep would be a pain.

"Watch some TV, if your bored. There's nothing really to do right now."

Kurama sighed and lay his head back on his crossed arms. He was tired and wanted to sleep. But, he was babysitting the kid, so sleeping was something he couldn't do. So, the fox and the boy watched TV for a while. But, the shows had gotten boring after a while and Boruto was getting fidgety. Kurama sighed and looked at the child.

"Bored I see."

The boy nodded and Kurama sighed. Yeah, both were bored and had nothing to do. Since, Boruto was sick there wasn't much to do. So, Kurama was stumped. Very stumped. He didn't know what to do and he was thinking. Boruto was looking bored and Kurama was thinking. But, the fox didn't come up with anything. Then, he thought of something. The family had a laptop and Kurama could let Boruto play on it.

"I'll let you play on the laptop."

Boruto face lit up as Kurama said this. And the boy jumped off the couch and headed to his parents room. He returned moments later with the laptop. This could keep the boy busy and quiet, Kurama though as he chuckled. The boy played some games that were installed on the computer and Kurama smiled. The fox had turned the TV off and lay his head on his crossed arms. The boy was entertain and Kurama was satisfied with it. The fox yawned and closed his eyes.

Kurama blinked and looked around. He didn't know how long he was sleeping and he didn't here the clicking of a computer mouse. Looking to the boy he found he sleeping. Boruto was curled up on the fox's tails again. And the laptop was on the coffee table, off. Kurama sighed and lay his head back down. He was still tired and the boy was sleeping, so he fell back asleep as well. And Boruto nuzzled his face onto the fox's tails.