Chapter 2

•••

•••

Wet tear drops fell down from my eyes to my cheeks, cascading down my face. Each drop would slide all the way to my jaw, slowly dropping to the floor. My face held no emotion, only tears shown. Hair strands stuck to my face, one or two in my mouth. I sat on the comfortable brown couch, my hands tightly closed together, arms on my legs.

The living room surrounded me, the familiar frames of happy faces and memories crowding my thoughts. Tears streamed harder, my eyes shutting ever so tightly. My breath was shaky as for my body, small whimpers filling the silent room. Shuffling could be heard from the room upstairs, making me open my eyes, my breath stopping. I look upwards toward the ceiling, more shuffling coming from above.

I shake my head, looking towards the floor. More tears fill my eyes, blurring my vision. "Y-you ha-have to d-do th-is." I silently hiccup,wiping the tears off my face, my wet hands wiping on the jean fabric.

I get up, my dirty shoes on the beige carpet. I slowly walk towards the kitchen, tears again forming in my eyes. My shaky hands grab the kitchen knife, my finger tips meeting the cold surface. I turn around, walking towards the stairs. My hands meet the polished wooden rail, my feet making the stairs squeak. I cry more, shuddering sobs coming out. I turn towards the right, my body shaking even more. The first door to the left was my parents.

"D-do i-t for the-m." I say, my body in front of the door I was dreading. Low growls could be heard, their footsteps walking around the room. I put the knife in my right hand, my left shaking towards the doorknob. My hand finally grabs onto the doorknob, shaking it in the process. The sound of the knob shaking signaled both of my "parents" attention. They quickly bang on the door, my body slightly jumping in the process.

I stop my crying, grasping the knife in my hand. "You can do this." I quickly twist the knob, opening the door. I walk backwards away from the door, my "parents" walking out. The first was my father, the bullet hole clearly shown in his left abdomen. That's one of the bullets he took for me. He has his hands out, his skin pale and eyes yellow. Veins can be shown, my stomach dropping.

I quickly run up to him, stabbing him in the head. My used to be father now laid dead on the floor, lifeless and gone. Then came my mother. Seeing her made my heart shatter, more tears streaming down. A bullet wound could be shown on her left shoulder and stomach. Her blonde hair was no longer shining and silky. It was instead dead and brittle.

Her bright beautiful smile was replaced with an open mouth with yucky teeth. Her green eyes were replaced with yellow sickly ones. I walk up to my mother, almost hesitant of killing her. I take one more glance at her before plunging the red knife into her soft skull. I leave the knife in her head, her body falling limp in my arms. I backup, falling on my bottom. Their red blood stained my hands, but I didn't care.