Chapter 3

•••

•••

The hard cup met my lips, cold liquid filling my mouth, swallowing the refreshing drink, it's substance sending chills down my body. I haven't had a good cup of cold water in awhile, it was usually in a bottle warm and gross, or dirty lake water.

I savor the precious liquid, taking my time instead of chugging it down. I was at a table, Carl and Maggie go went to talk. I look around the room, pretty paintings of landscapes hung up on the wall. The nice blue giving me a warm feeling. I look to my right to see a living room, white couches and brown pillows, followed by a nice beige carpet, a little glass coffee table on top. I flat screen TV laid above a small fireplace.

I cute candle chandelier hung above, it's lights not yet lit up. In front of me was a kitchen, almost the same structure as Carl's house, but now darker marble counter tops, along with an island. Wooden cabinets aligned the wall, its polished texture looked smooth to the touch. A silver fridge stayed more to the right, near a silver trash can.

Another chandelier hung from the middle of the room, its lights off like the other one. Wooden floors covered the bottom half of the house, my mind flooding with ideas of what the house looked like upstairs. Just wait for Maggie and Carl to come back, they might give me a house tour, considering I'm gonna be living here. My eyes scan the room, examining the place.

Don't get too comfortable, you may not trust these people, the same goes for them too. Are they really gonna let a stranger sleep in the same house as their family? Doesn't this seem a bit sketchy to you? I feel as if my mind was a different person, like it was someone else talking to me. It's called talking to yourself dumbass. Well, in your mind at least.

I slap myself on my forehead, rolling my eyes. What is wrong with me? My thoughts were soon interrupted, the sound of footsteps echoing through out the room, the sound coming towards me.

My eyes shifted to the people in front of me. Carl and Maggie stood in front of the table, their eyes on me. Well all right then. I awkwardly smile at them, the scene to uncomfortable for my taste. "So, uh, what's going to happen?" I awkwardly say, my eyes going back and forth from the table to back up at them. "I would like to get to know, Mia." Maggie say, sitting across from me.

"I don't want you to feel uncomfortable, it's just, having someone I don't know living in the house with me, I would like to know more about you." Carl stood behind Maggie, watching me in a calm matter. "Oh yeah, of course. I wouldn't want you guys to feel uncomfortable, if you don't want me to stay here, I won't. I can sleep in like, a basement or something." When Carl told me that I would sleeping in some persons house, I didn't think I would.

Did Michonne really tell him that? Did he say that to test me? I wouldn't want to take the chance, I think they are. I should probably just sleep somewhere else for now. Before Maggie could speak up, I beat her to it, my mouth rambling with words.