01

.art credit to artist.
.music credit to Tuesday Playground.
══ ══

A soft buzzing sound filled my ears, as I groggily sat up in my bed. My eyes instantly averted to the end of the bed, a smile forming on my lips as I watched my small pet ferret curl into a small ball right beside my feet. "좋은 아침.. (Good Morning.)"

Of course I didn't expect her to respond, but she was the only one I could say that to first thing in the morning; and knowing that she could hear my voice warmed my heart. My eyes quickly averted to the window that was posted against the colorless wall beside my bed. An ivory hand reached out to pet the sleepy ferret that lied on my bed.

One of my ivory hands smashed the button on the alarm clock to silence the noise. Today marked another day that I'd barely slept; my visions prevented it.

With a soft sigh I tossed my legs over the side of the bed, and slid my feet across the carpet until they met my black slippers.

I'm finally a third year.

The thought of it being my final year in high school hit me, I was going to be moving out of this old home soon, and even deeper into the city. All the memories of me, this old home, and my parents scarred me.

I no longer had an interest in staying in a home that only brought back negative memories of my entire childhood. I trudged lazily to the bathroom, and began to change.

•••

The algid breeze kissed my skin softly as I made my way to the coffee shop across the street from my home; I used to go with a close friend every morning, but recently he hadn't been with me much anymore. "Good Morning Jiyeon!" The older woman at the counter greeted me with a soft smile, and a wave.

"Good Morning!" I'd come there so often that I didn't even need to tell her my order, she even made sure to come in extra early to make it; the woman handed me the brown paper bag, with my usual strawberry flavored cereal bar inside and a medium sized cup filled with a warm vanilla bean frappuccino.

The sweet smell of the coffee flooding my nostrils, as we conversed for a small moment.

I then pulled money out of my wallet, and stuffed the cereal bar into my bag. "anneyong!" I called out to her while pushing the door with my back due to the cup of coffee in my hand.

" ! (Go well)" The woman at the counter spoke in a fading voice due to me heading towards the subway.

The usual silence of the subway had soothed me, while I parted my lips to blow gently on the caffeinated drink I held with my small, yet slender fingers; I took a soft sip, and released a refreshing sigh.

I pulled out my phone, before placing the two earbuds connected to a long cord, which was connected onto the dock of my smart phone into both of my ears. 'Dear Summer' was the first song I played, and I closed my eyes and hummed along to the song.

Music, and singing were the only things that kept me content besides my pet, Areum. I tapped my foot along to the beat, ignoring the constant stares I got; Closing my eyes, I was at peace and in my own world.