Chapter 5: Finally

Chapter 5: Finally

I am awakened by Coulson through the Coms, "Loki has been captured. They're about to arrive."

"Got it," I reply as I get out of the bed and straighten up. I was only asleep for a couple of hours, better than nothing though. After waking myself up completely, I make my way out of the room and find Coulson on the Bridge.

"Loki's brother, Thor, is on his way here too. So is your father," Coulson says.

"Oh. Alright," I respond, clearly not prepared. I had to prepare myself because that meant I was going to finally meet him.

"When they arrive stay here until they take Loki out, then I'll take your father and after I leave, you're in charge of bringing Thor and Captain Rogers back here, okay?" He asks.

"Yes, sir."

Not much time goes by until the quinjet finally lands. Loki is taken to his cage with many agents surrounding him. After Coulson gives me the go ahead I head up to the quinjet. Agent Romanoff has already' left. I am met by Steve first.

"Hey there," I say as I walk up to him.

"Hey," he says with a tired smile.

"Good job out there,"

"Just doing my job," He responds still smiling.

"Nice to finally meet you, I'm Agent Scarlett," I say turning towards Thor.

"Pleasure, Agent," he says.

"Alright, if you guys are ready to go, I can take you your rooms to set your stuff down," I say walking off the quinjet.

Finally making our way to the Bridge, we arrive just in time as Director Fury is talking to Loki, I make my way over to Agent Hill who is watching from one of the monitors.

"In case it's unclear, you try to escape, you so much as scratch that glass, 30,000 feet straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?" Director Fury says to Loki while Loki laughs.

"It's an impressive cage, not built, I think, for me," Loki replies.

"Built for something a lot stronger than you."

"Oh, I've heard," Loki says as he looks directly at the camera, clearly talking about Dr. Banner, "Mindless beast, makes play still a man. How desperate are you? You call on such lost creatures to defend you," Loki continues.

"How desperate am I?" Fury asks, "You threatened my world, with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."

"Oooo, it burns you to have come so close to have the tesseract. To have power? Unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all of mankind to share?" Loki asks, "And then to be reminded what real power is," Loki finishes, referring to himself.

"Well let me know if "real power" needs a magazine or something," Director Fury responds as he walks away. The monitor clears out Loki's camera.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Dr. Banner says chuckling.

"Loki's going to drag this out. So, Thor? What's his play?" Steve asks.

"He has an army, called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known," Thor answers, "He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return I suspect, the Tesseract."

"An army? From outer space?" Steve asks surprised.

"So, he's building another portal?" Dr. Banner asks, "That's what he needs Eric Selvig for."