Chapter 5 ^

Fay's POV

Why was Luna taking so long?

I paced in circles around the cell. Lynden and Draven were worried as well, but not as nervous as I was. Luna was my twin. If she gets hurt, so do I.

A strange tingling tickled my mind. That was the third time that had happened, and I had no clue what it meant. I didn't know what was happening with Luna, but I had a hunch that something was wrong in one way or another.

Suddenly there was pain. It was all over, and I gasped out of shock. Draven rushed over to catch me as I fell. Everything was swirling, as if I was spinning endlessly. Then it all became dark.

My forehead was burning. I groaned and rolled over on my bed, only to bump into something. It moved away from me, leaving me confused. Why is there something beside me?

The fire in my mind burned brighter as I cracked open my eyes. The wall on the wrong side. I attempted to sit up, only to be pushed back down again.

"You need to rest more." A voice was coming from somewhere close to me, but it was hard to tell. My thoughts cleared slightly, and I looked over at who was speaking. Draven was beside me, and Lynden was just climbing up the ladder to the top bunk to join us. I couldn't see Luna at all, and our bond was weak.

"Luna," I managed to choke out, "Where?"

"She's down on my bed," Lynden said, but the voice of Luna quickly corrected him.

"No I'm not, I'm coming up too," she said with defiance.

"But you're still beat up pretty badly!" Lynden protested.

"If you're going to wake me up, tell me my unconscious twin is waking up, and expect me to rest more, you are absolutely crazy." Luna hoisted herself onto the bed to join us and I shrieked.

"Luna!" I screeched, finding my voice as I gazed at her battered body. She was covered in bandages. "What in elf land happened?"

Luna sighed and turned to the other set of twins. I could detect hints of pain through our bond, but she showed no sign of it. "Do I have to tell the story again? Please, can one of you tell it?" she asked, "I really don't want to."

"Sure." Draven instantly jumped to fill me in on what happened. He quickly told what unfolded on Luna's end, as well as what went on here in the cell after I passed out.

After he finished, I could not believe it. I sat, my eyes wide with shock. Why would the second Seer do that to my sister? Also, what could he have found in her that was so important that he had to examine her again, as well as threaten her to get his way? A sudden thought came to me. What if I had what the Seer found in Luna as well?

The door opened, startling me out of my reverie. A female elf with short, sandy blonde hair had entered. She somewhat resembled a nurse with her white garments. She glanced around the room, her eyes resting on the window for a fraction of a second, then turned to look at us.

"What are you all doing up there?" she called. Her voice was soft, as if she was shy.

Luna started back down to the ground. Our bond was radiating so much pain that I was surprised Draven and Lynden couldn't feel it. And yet, Luna held a straight face.

Draven and Lynden followed Luna down to the floor, and then I slowly began to descend. My head began to burn with an intense heat, and my limbs ached. Somehow I made it down in one piece, but I was unsteady. Draven caught me as I began to collapse. I nodded a thanks to him, and turned to the nurse, the others doing the same.