PART I : PROLOGUE

Almost an entire century ago, a young woman from the kingdom of Gondor fell in love with a young Elvish prince. The young couple, although disapproved upon, married and gave birth to a healthy baby boy named Nirwei, whom they loved very much.

Nirwei grew to be the young prince of the Elvish kingdom of Rivendell, where his father was now the king. The king and queen had another son, whom they named Elrond, and who they showered with equal amounts of love and attention. With his beautiful wife to rule by his side, the family ruled as graceful, helpful leaders. The older half-man, half-elf prince soon grew to be a great ruler of his own, and in turn, he fell in love with a woman of his own. A young maiden who had traveled long journeys with the Rangers of the north passed one day through Rivendell and never left, for she fell too deep under the charm of the prince. The young couple soon gave birth to a child of their own, a beautiful baby girl which they named Elvira, with piercing blue eyes and light brown hair. Nirwei and his wife, Gamoriel, could not have been happier.

Elvira grew, and throughout the years, her many different blood lines began to show. Her eyes came from the piercing ones of her part elf father, as did her sight, hearing, the shape of her ears, and her ability to live a long life without aging. Her height came from her mother's side, who in turn, was partially dwarf. Thankfully, none of the women of the family grew beards like most dwarf women, and they were both thankful for that. The downside to this was the simple fact that Elvira, once fully grown, did not stand more than 4 foot 11 inches. Still, she was taller than some, and those who were bigger than her tended to underestimate her, which later lead them to their downfall.

When Nirwei's mother died and his father stepped down from the throne of Rivendell, the throne soon became appointed to Nirwei and Gamoriel, and the newly crowned Princess Elvira. Elvira had grown fairly quickly, and was soon to be a beautiful young woman. She had learned many things over the years about being ruler, and was prepared to take the position of ruler of Rivendell. Her uncle, now a Lord, also had a daughter who they named Arwen, who was practically the same age as Elvira herself. The girls were practically inseparable, and wreaked havoc throughout Rivendell together for years.

One week before Elvira's 23rd birthday, the King and Queen got word that a group of Orc mercenaries were parading across the plains near Rivendell. Nirwei, feeling a sense of duty in this, decided to go out for himself, and Gamoriel insisted on coming with, along with a small group of Rivendell soldiers to take out the group before they came any closer to the border. The number of orcs in the group were highly underestimated, and only a few came back alive. Unfortunately, this did not include the King and Queen of Rivendell.

Large funeral ceremonies were held for the two leaders who ruled graciously, loved each other, and left a heartbroken young daughter behind. The kingdom of Rivendell was distraught, and after a long period of mourning for their lost rulers, Nirwei's younger brother, Lord Elrond, took up the position of ruling Rivendell, although he was never able to get over the death of his older brother whom he loved and looked up to all his life.

Originally, the throne was appointed to the King and Queen's only daughter, Elvira, but the distraught princess refused to sit in a throne and rule where her mother and father no longer could.

After much contemplation, Lord Elrond and Arwen both decided it would be best for Elvira to leave Rivendell. They could see that being there was bringing her once high spirits so low. She was no longer herself, and they knew this. They spoke to her of a family member of her mother, who lived somewhere within the areas of Rohan. The next night, Arwen waved sadly with tears in her eyes as her best friend and faithful cousin rode her horse across the cobblestone bridge to leave Rivendell, the light of the pale moon illuminating her path. And from then on, they all had assumed she had made it. But Elvira never did.

After almost 3 days of nonstop travel, Elvira ran into a fairly large group of orcs, led by a large pale orc astride a white warg. The young princess knew how to fight, but she had never fought beyond the shelter of her father's watch and the training room inside the walls of the Elven kingdom. Elvira fought bravely, but had not nearly enough skill to take on a group of almost 25 orcs on her own. She was captured by the pale orc Azog, and taken back to an orc dungeon, where she was kept prisoner and tortured for nearly 2 years. Fortunately for Elvira, and less fortunately for Azog the Defiler, a band of Rangers ambushed the cave she was being held in, and managed to get her out as well. Elvira, who had years of rage and hatred built up, was given a sword, and all hell broke loose. All but Azog the Defiler was slain that night in the orc caves.

But Elvira found out something while being kept down there, a fact about Azog that she wished never to hear. But now she knew, and now she was out for revenge. From that moment on, Elvira swore that she would slay the pale orc who had taken her parents and her life away from her. She stayed with the Rangers, and traveled far and wide hunting down the orc that destroyed everything she cared about. She mercilessly slaughtered and pillaged in search of him. For that night, the pale orc took away everything she ever loved without even a second thought.

And she never forgave, and she never forgot.

wow i love writing this okay. Hope you guys liked the prologue, I'm super duper excited to keep going with this.

stay irritable (because it's fun)

-EM