Part 1

Life is so complicated sometimes when you want something  but you get something else entirely. Sacrifices you have to make,  path that to you have to walk on and new changes you have to make.  

I always knew that i will have an arranged  marriage and i was OK with it. I have never been the outgoing girl who wants to make boyfriends and go on date. I have always been to focused on my studies, to make a name for myself.  Everything  was going OK until a certain proposal for my marriage came. It was not the first proposal that I have got and I was sure my parents would say no without a second thought knowing my priorities  are different  right now.  

But destiny has planned something else for me. The proposal was from Mahant family. They are the most powerful, Rich and respected family in our city. Their family has been the most prestigious  position as Mahant from centuries.Getting a proposal for me from such good family was indeed a big surprise for my parents. My father told me how good this proposal is and getting such a good family and of same status as us is indeed a big thing.  

My parents couldn't say no and I can't stand to see disappointment  on their faces due to my decision so I said yes. I was 23 it was not as if I was underage and someday I obviously  will get married so why not now why not to the man of my father’s choice. So here I am sitting inside  my new  bedroom waiting for newly wedded husband.

My heart skips a beat when I hear door being opened.i am a confident  girl, I always have been but all of a sudden I feel shy, timid and nervous. I look down at my hands as my husband approaches towards me.  My heart stops and my Breathing increases at an unexpected  rate as he sits in front me.  

I take a deep breath to calm my nerves down. He slowly lifts my veil off my face but I still can't find the courage to look at him.  His gaze burn me with intensity so high that I feel myself melting like ice cream. Suddenly  he brings his fingers to my chin and lifts my head softly finally making me look at him.

‘hi’  he says softly.

‘hi!’ I reply in whisper.  

Than he said something that I never expected  that he would say.

“would you mind. That's my side of bed and I am really tired and sleepy. I would like to sleep so, move aside.”

I get  up from the bed looking so shocked.  He closes his eyes and goes to sleep the next instant. I realize that he is still in his Sherwani. Taking a deep breath &  I pulled enough courage to say his name.

‘Advay?’

‘Advay’ I shook his shoulders a little bit to wake him up. He groans in his half sleep.

‘Advay, I think you should change your clothes. You must be uncomfortable in  sherwani’  

He opens his eyes the next instant and looks at me ,his eyes more darker than before, making me take a step back.

He blinks his eyes a few times and sits on the bed.  Taking a deep breath, runs a frustrated hand through his hairs and face. Did I made him angry? Have I said something wrong. I shouldn't have disturbed  his sleep.  

He gets up from the bed and says every word as if I am some mischievous child. ‘OK so,  you go and change in the bathroom. I will change here and then we can peacefully  go to sleep.  All right.’

I just  nod my head and make my way to bathroom taking my night suit with me.

I close the bathroom door and take a sigh of relief. Maybe it was my mistake to wake him up like that.  He must be really tired from all those rituals just like me but still he could have been a little  more accommodating. Who  makes their wife get up from bed on their first night like that.

I start to take my jewelry  off while still thinking about my husband. He was a handsome man and I am sure every girl in this world will be jealous  of me but more than being handsome I prefer good natured man. Husband who can make me laugh, love me, care for me.  

He was not this rude when we were kids. Yes I have met him before. We use to play together with  other neighborhood kids when we were small. He has been 5 yrs older to me and would always make me angry on one thing or other.  I never understood  what he got from teasing me at every opportunity  he got. Though I was no less  too,  I use to give him back equally.   he used to be so fun loving and now he is nothing but rude.

When I started my sixth class, he went abroad to study and  my family shifted to another neighborhood. So we  never had any kind of contact for so many years.he has changed so much. Even during our courtship period we not get to talk as often as any other normal couple would have due to him being busy  in setting up his business in US and me busy in studies. Or maybe he purposefully didn't made any contact with me. Is this marriage  against his wishes.Is that why he so awkward with me. Does he love someone else. That thought made my heart sink. My husband  should be just mine, even the thought of him being with other makes me angry. I might not love him as of now. But I have full faith that I will make  my married life successful. I am a girl after all and I want my happily ever after. Maybe I should clear all my doubts with advay. I don't want to live in a forced relationship.

I quickly  change into my red night gown that specifically  my sister gifted me. I read the small note that was attached to the gift box.

‘Have a wild night ;) Haha’  I bite my lips nervously.  

‘Not a wild night but sleep night is in my destiny’ I sigh looking my natural self in the mirror. No makeup, no Jewels just my mangalsutra  around my neck.  

Am I disappointed  with no action on my wedding night.it's not like I was craving for it so desperately. I anyway wanted time to get  comfortable with my husband before we get intimate, so,why I am sad now. I look at my sad face in the mirror.

A small kiss would not have been a big deal. The least he can do was kiss me at least on cheeks. Am I that ugly.  I ran my fingers on my face and lips in anger. I have imagined a lot mushy romantic moments with my to be husband and now when my first night is turning out be like so cold all my dream our shattered.

I come out of my thoughts  as I hear a loud knock on the bathroom door.

‘hope you're not planning to sleep on the bathroom. I must warn you it's not the most comfortable place to sleep’ I hear advay says with slight chuckle.

‘come out,chandni. It's time to sleep’.  

I nod my head and make my head to the  door and open it. I stop myself before I can collide with advay. We look at each other for a little longer than required. I see his eyes take a full look at my attire and I feel shiver run down my spine. I see his eyes  go more darker. Than he shares his head, breaking the moment and lays on bed on his stomach covering himself with duet.

That was awkward.

Mr. Ajeeb Singh raiazada!.

I lay down on the left side of the bed, huffing and puffing angrily.god am I so ugly,  he can't even look at me for a little longer.

.

.

What was that. That was just the wind. Sleep Chandni sleep.  Ah!!  It's so hard to sleep  in new place.  

I kept on turning restlessly on my bed. In my process of finding a comfortable place that I can fall asleep.  I end up laying my  arms on Advay’s chest and legs on his thighs and feel him go stiff underneath me. Before I pull them off,  advay move my arms and legs as if I got some contagious diseases,groaning in anger.

Ahh!!  I turn myself in a cocoon and shift my body to extreme left and even put few pillows between us. What does he think of himself.

Mr. Akadu Singh raizada.

I have the worst husband  ever. I feel like crying.