You Belong With Me

Taylor's POV

I'm in my room it's a typical Tuesday night

Homework. That's all I can think about right now. I have so much of it. It's my senior year, and who knew this much work would come with it.
I hear a small knock on my door, it's my parents telling me their going to bed.
I start to pack my stuff, promising myself I'll finish tomorrow, when I hear loud music coming from outside. Usually I would think nothing of it, but the song blaring from the window was my favourite song.

I walk to the window, looking to see where the mystery music is coming from. I'm pleased to see that its my neighbour's record player streaming the music.

Karlie Kloss.

The most beautiful girl in 12th grade. Also the most popular.

She wears short skirts, I wear T-shirts.

The next day its school is a normal day for me, go to Language Arts and think about Karlie Kloss. Go to Math, think about Karlie Kloss. Go to Art, think about Karlie Kloss. Go to band practice, watch Karlie Kloss lead the cheer squad.

I get lost in thought and miss a piece. I play clarinet, but I wouldn't say I'm good. I prefer guitar.

After practice I go to the girls locker room to grab my sneakers. Karlie is there, alone, brushing her hair while singing the song she was playing last night. I try to rush out s quick as I can but fail miserably when I trip over myself.

"Oh my! Are you okay?" I hear Karlie rush over to my side and reach her hand out to help. "Oh umm... y-ya I'm-m good." I stutter. "Hey! You're the girl in the band. And my neighbour right?" She asks with a wide grin. "Um ya, thats me. Taylor." I blush while reaching my hand out, she declines but embraces me in a hug. "I'm Karlie! I think I'm in some of your classes." She says. She is true sunshine.
"Ya I think we have a few together." I say, still blushing.

Laughing on a park bench, thinking to myself hey isn't this easy.

Over the last few months Karlie and I have become super close. We talk sometimes from across our windows. Or if its late we will use paper and write things to say.

Today we are walking to school together, something we've made a daily thing. We stop at a bench and take a small brake. Suddenly a white car pulls up and the window slides down revealing Toni Garn, Karlie's girlfriend. My heart sinks.

"Hey babe. Whatcha doing with the loser?" She laughs. And to my surprise Karlie laughs along. I stand up and keep walking to school as Karlie gets in the car and drives away.

I remember you driving to my house in the middle of the night.

Its prom night, and I have no intent to go. No body asked me so why would I? I have a dress but I'll find another time to wear it.

I can see Karlie getting ready from my window, she looks beautiful. She notices me looking and yells out,
"You going to Prom?"
"No."
"I wish you were." She says before disappearing out her bedroom door and not coming back.

And thats when I decide I'm going to go. She's not going to know what hit her when I walk in.

Can't you see, I'm the one that understands you.

I walk in, not knowing what to expect. Then I see her in her gorgeous orange dress. Pure sunshine.

People are now staring at me, so they move out of the way so I can get my girl. Someone taps her shoulder and she turns to look at where their pointing. Right at me. I can feel her green eyes looking right into mine as she walks towards me. Toni tries to grab her but she just keeps walking.

Her forehead is just inches from mine now. I can feel her hot breath on my lips. Just as she leans into kiss me she whispers, "You Belong With Me." and captures my lips with hers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heres a happier chapter after the last one. This one is cute I think. Its short but I didn't have a lot of time to write it so yaaaaaa. Thanks for reading.

:)