5. Work

"Do I know you?"

I had said to the oddly familiar face before me. His smile as bright as the sun while holding a gift bag.

"Soyou?" He asked. His smile vanish bit by bit. "It's me. Namjoon."

My eyes widened, "What? That impossible... Namjoon left..." i mumbled the last sentence as I was confused.

I looked back up to him and got closer. His presence was strong, his figure was tall and he was still chubby.

"Namjoon... NAMJOON!!" I jumped in his arms. How did I not recognize him? His pink hair? His slimmer but muscular shape? His long legs?

"Finally!" He said as he held me tightly against himself.

My barista uniform getting creases by the second. With that, I realized I was still at work.

I widened my eyes and pushed away in a rush. "Ok ok let's continue this later."

I waved my hands while crouching secretly telling him to go. He chuckled and said, "What time do you finish?"

"In about 2 hours or so."

"I'll wait."

"What???" I was in shock of his statement but left him be. "Come let me bring you to your table loser."

He chuckled and followed behind me. As I was walking, I felt his hand reach into mine.

My heart skipped a beat.

He intertwined our hands as we walked. I purposely walked slower just to make this moment last longer.

"Here is your table... sir" he chuckled and placed down the gift bag and sat at the table.

"Soyou!" He called out before I left. I turned around and he said, "One medium iced Americano."

I was flustered as I thought he was going to say something else. I nodded trying to hide my pink cheeks and went back to wait tables.

--About 3 Hours Later--

*ding* *ding*

The front door dinged as I was locking up.

"Alright!" I clapped my hands together pretending to clean off the dust. He chuckled and suddenly hugged me again.

"Soyou..."

"Yes." I replied into his jacket.

"You kept her right?"

My heart warmed up as I replied, "Yup... Kim SunHee."

He chuckled and pulled away from the hug, "Well! It's time for her to meet me don't you think."

I chuckled and nodded.

We made our way home, the babysitter greeting us both before going.

"Mommy!!!" My beautiful 3 year old daughter yelled out. I giggled and held her up into my arms.

Suddenly, she went silent. She indicated me to bring her my ear. So I did.

She whispered, "mommy... Who is that??"

"Well. This man..."

Namjoon crouched down to her level and softly held her tiny hand,

".... is your dad."

--Later That Night--

We put SunHee to bed and we're now laying on my bed. The only light was from outside along with the light from the hallway.

"Namjoon." I turned my head to face him. He was staring at the ceiling.

"Yeah?" He said without looking at me.

"I'm sorry..."

I felt him become slightly shocked. He turned his head to face mine and saw that my eyes were becoming teary.

"I'm sorry i didn't call you sooner..."

He sighed and reached his hand to my cheek. He then caressed it softly before pulling me into his arms.

"I'm sorry I didn't come for you sooner... I'm sorry I left... It must've been so hard..."

He embraced me even tighter which made me want to cry again. "I wasn't there.. I was never there." He continued.

I looked up from his chest and caressed his cheek. I put on a broken smile and reached out to peck his lips.

"Are you going to stay with me now?"

"Forever."

{After 23 years, you're finally mine.}

--Author's Note--

--Author's Note--

I hope you guys are enjoying! The last chapter is sooooooooon. Please show me your love by voting, commenting and straight up loving this book.

Love you guys,

Xoxo Me