VIII. INTO THE WOODS

CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT.
INTO THE WOODS

|

She turned over slowly to see where the scream came from, finding Hermione hovering over Ron as his screams filled the air. She should've gotten up and helped them, but there was a wave of dizziness over her and she couldn't feel her limbs. Honestly, it felt like they were detached from her body, but she slowly moved her fingers to realize that that wasn't the case.

"Harry, quickly, in my bag, there's a small bottle labeled 'Essence of Dittany'," Hermione yelled at her friend.

Rosalie saw as Harry stumbled up before hearing Hermione yell, "Quickly!" again. He got to the bag, pushing through all the items the Granger girl had before calling a spell of his own:

"Accio Dittany," and the bottle landed in his palm. It was then that Rosalie stood up, going with Harry, stumbling a little, to the two gingers.

"Unstopper it," Hermione muttered before ripping open Ron's shirt, which was soaked in blood. His arm looked like someone had taken a portion of it away, and there was blood everywhere. Rosalie didn't know what to say or do.

"Hermione. His arm –" Harry tried to speak, but it was cut off by the panicked voice of Hermione Granger.

"Just do it!" so he did. Harry handed the bottle and she sprinkled three drops onto Ron's bleeding arm, causing a greenish smoke to billow.

"What happened? I thought we were going back to Grimmauld Place," Harry asked his friend, something that Rosalie wanted to know as well.

"We were. We were there. But Yaxley had hold of me. I knew we couldn't stay once he'd seen, so when he let go I brought us here. Ron got Splinched. I'm...sorry," Hermione cried.

"Don't be stupid," Harry told her as the smoke shifted and Ron's wound stopped bleeding.

"It's all I feel safe doing," Hermione whispered before rising up, taking out her wand and walking into a wide circle. She continued to mutter a spell that Rosalie couldn't hear, but she knew that it was to protect them, though Rosalie didn't need the protection – nor did she want it.

"What're you doing?" Harry asked her, standing up as well to look at his friend.

"Protective enchantments. I don't fancy another visit like we had on Shaftesbury Avenue, do you? Especially with Ron like this. You and Rosalie can get going on the tent..." Hermione trailed off.

"Tent? Where am I supposed to find –" Harry stopped himself as he looked back at the bag that Hermione brought.

The both of them got to work on the tent. Neither of them had ever been camping, so they didn't know exactly what to do. But in only a hour or two, they had gotten the tent up, which was fairly large, and moved Ron inside. The ginger had been quite heavy, but they had put him on one of the makeshift beds they had.